Confession Preparation

Charlotte wasn't a fan of club activities ending earlier than usual, but one has very little room for complaints when their club leader is pulled away for official Housewarden duties. The route to Ramshackle was empty this time of day, most students were either at clubs or back in their dorm. The peace and quiet was nice, nothing to disrupt Charlotte's wandering thoughts.

So of course the sound of footsteps behind her turned her blood cold and sent shivers down her spine. Reflexes took over and Charlotte quickened her pace, hopefully discreetly enough to not give away her fear to whoever was behind her.

"Prefect!" That was a voice she knew. Charlotte turned around to see Silver standing before her. Charlotte liked Silver. Unlike a majority of her classmates, he was nice to her without expecting anything in return. Now she felt bad about assuming the worst, but she's learned that you can never expect the best outcome in every situation.

"Do you need anything, Silver?" Charlotte clasped her hands behind her back and rolled back and forth on her feet. Was she nervous? A little bit. Despite Silver being one of the nicer people in Night Raven Collage, he still struck an imposing figure. Always standing tall and upright with a steep gaze that made his unusually colored eyes as sharp as steel. The fact that he wasn't very expressive also didn't help. The only time he seemed to be at ease was when he was around his family, or during one of his many sleeping spells. Charlotte always found him hard to read, which wasn't an unusual opinion to have for anyone outside of his immediate circle.

And oh boy, did Charlotte wish she was part of that circle. Maybe then her heart wouldn't race and the butterflies in her stomach wouldn't flutter when their eyes met.

"I'm going to confess to you on Valentine's Day." Silver stepped a little closer, the respectable distance that was kept between them felt suffocating and overwhelming "Would you be able to meet me after school that day by the well in the courtyard?"

"Yeah, I can do that." Charlotte wasn't happy about how much her voice had cracked during that sentence alone. Her face was feeling awfully hot, no doubt it was flushed a pretty pink from embarrassment.

"Your face is bright red, are you feeling alright? You're not sick are you?" Silver moved to place the back of his hand against Charlotte's forehead, but she quickly stepped out the way. She wasn't sure she could handle any contact at the moment. She sure did feel sick. Her stomach felt like it wanted to empty itself from how nervous she was, and she felt shivers running down her entire body akin to whenever she was running a fever.

"No, it's just..." Charlotte's voice shrunk to a whisper. She looked away, refusing to meet Silver's eyes "you basically already confessed."

"Oh." His face slowly began to flush as the realization of what he said began to settle in. Charlotte always knew the boy was dense, but even this seemed out of character for him "Then please, forget I said anything."

And like nothing had even happened, Silver turned and made his way towards Main Street. Charlotte watched as his pace quickly grew from a respectable walking speed to a full on sprint back to Diasomnia. Perhaps the embarrassment of the situation had caught up to him. Or, perhaps he was eager to get back to the privacy of his dorm room to finish the final preparations for his supposed Valentine's Day Confession.

After a moment to fully process what had just happened, Charlotte sank to her knees, not caring about the sting of her skin meeting the concrete when she fell. She promptly hid her face in her hands, the blush on her face only getting deeper as she kept replaying what Silver had said in her head.

A confession.

He told her he was planning to give her a love confession on Valentine's Day.

Oh Silver, you really would be the death of her.

---

Based on the song "I'm going to confess to you on Valentine's Day" by kawaiivocalo, particularly the verse that became a meme sometime last year (?)

Do I feel like Silver is this dense and blunt? Not really. But between the him and Lottie, Silver is the more direct one so I feel this is somewhat in character for him??? Take that with a grain of salt I do not feel like critically engaging with any media I enjoy at the moment