Wasted Demon

"Come on Sarah" Jesse says with a devilish smile
I guess I've got to go with him, to keep Ethan and his family safe.
"Right I'm coming, let me just put my shoes on" I say.
I bend down to get them awful heels on as it's all I've got and suddenly it feels like everything is going to slow motion... I see Benny and Ethan running out the kitchen towards the front door with some wooden things that they've made into stakes. Oh god no! I turn to see Jesse laughing at them, but with a puzzled face. What on earth do I do? Do I slam the door on Jesse's face or do I just let whatever this is happen?
"AHHHH!!!" Benny and Ethan shout as they shove a stake right through Jesse.
"HOLY SHIT!" I scream. I was not expecting them to actually do it.
Jesse looks angry and tries to grab me, but I quickly jump back and he just disappears into nothing, but dust.

"What the actual fuck just happened?" I say to them both. I'm in such a state of shock I don't know what to do or say or where to even look.
"WE DID IT!" Benny says to Ethan as they high five and then hug each other.
"GUYS!" I yell at them to stop their hugging
"We wasted that demon!" Benny says with a massive smile on his face.
"You killed my ex boyfriend" I say to them as I go to the floor looking at the dust, that was once Jesse.
"Urrr... yeah... were we not suppose to?" Ethan says nervously
"You don't get it do you?" I snap at them both as I stand up.
"What? We did a good thing right? Now you don't have to keep running away from him!" Ethan says with a load of confidence.
"You may of killed him, but now his friends will come and wonder where he is and if they find out he has been killed then you best hope they don't find out it was you guys."
"Fff..frien...friends?" Benny questions nervously
"Yes Benny! Friends! He has an alliance of multiple vampires in his flock. This is why I wanted to kill him because I can just run away again or fight them back."
"We can fight them together! We just killed Jesse" Ethan says as he grabs my hand
"NO!" I snap as I pull my hand away from his. "You can't fight all of his flock and you can't run away, you both have families and friends here. I don't, that's why I was going to do a runner after killing him"
"You were going to leave us?" Benny says
"Well of course I was Benny!" I snap at him
"You were never going to stay?" Ethan questions
"Really Ethan? I thought you were smart. You know I couldn't have stayed not for anything or... anyone..."
"Great. Thanks for that Sarah!" Ethan says sarcastically to me as he starts to walk into his kitchen.
"What's going on?" Benny says to me. Benny and I follow Ethan into the kitchen.

"You honestly thought I was going to stay? I've told you a million times that I can't stay and I can't have friends or relationships" I snap at Ethan.
"So all of that stuff that we did together was a lie?" Ethan snaps back
"NO! It wasn't a lie and you know that! I told you so many times about this Ethan, you just didn't want to listen"
"Stuff? What stuff?" Benny asks confused
"NOTHING!" I shout at him
"HEY! Don't shout at Benny!" Ethan snaps at me
"I will shout at whoever I want to thank you very much!" I snap right back at him
"You are cruel Sarah! I know you told me you were leaving, but with everything that has happened between us you made me believe you actually cared and was going to stay"
"Me cruel? Are you actually serious right now? If you don't recall a few hours ago I fucking sucked venom out of your body which made me a full vampire just to save your life!"
"I NEVER ASKED YOU TO!"
"YOU CAME TO THAT RESTAURANT AND RUINED EVERYTHING I HAD SET OUT TO DO JUST BECAUSE YOU HAD SOME STUPID VISION OF ME AND NOW LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED"
"SO WHEN WE WERE UPSTAIRS NOT TOO LONG AGO ALONE IN MY BEDROOM WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT? WHAT ABOUT IN THE SHOWER IN YOUR APARTMENT OR WHAT ABOUT YOUR BED AND EVEN SORT OF YOUR SOFA? WAS THAT JUST FOR FUN? DID WE JUST DO THAT TO GET YOUR MIND OFF JESSE OR SOMETHING?"
"DON'T YOU DARE MAKE ME OUT AS SOME USER!" I slam my hands on the kitchen counter and accidentally break a mug that was on there.
"Guys! Stop it" Benny pipes up and coming in between mine and Ethan's argument. "Now can one of you tell me what the heck happened between you two?"
"It's non of your business" I say to Benny
"It is my business if you two are screaming at each other and making me go deaf"
"Leave it Benny" Ethan says to him.
"Fine scream at each other forever then and I will just wait around and see if Jesse's friends are coming to kill is" Benny says as he struts out of the kitchen into the hallway

It goes really quiet in the kitchen and Ethan just slowly starts to clean up the broken mug.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to break the mug" I say to him as I kneel down and grab some of the residue from it on the floor.
"It's fine. Whatever." He says as he brings the trash can over and I stand to put all the broken parts in it.
"I'm being 100% serious Ethan. You knew I had to leave"
"But what happened between us... I thought you changed your mind"
"I know and I really do want to change my mind, but I need to keep you safe. I think I need to go back to where I used to live and tell Jesse's flock that I killed him so they don't come anywhere near you guys"
"But they will kill you if you do that"
"I'm already dead and there is definitely no turning back now, thanks to you"
"I never asked you to save me"
"And I never asked you to save me before in my apartment, but you did"
"You can't seriously go back there. I need... I mean WE need you"
"You survived without me being around just fine, also now you've got a best buddies who is a vampire. You've got some backup"
"I don't want Rory to be my backup. All I want is you."
"Ethan... Please stop doing stuff like this."
"Like what?"
"You say these things and it draws me in and then something happens between us and it just makes things more difficult"
"I'm not trying to make things difficult, I'm just telling you the truth on how I feel"
"That's because you are a nice guy, but I can't have you"
"Yes you can. Have all of me if you want, I don't care"
"Stop it Ethan. We can't... I'm immortal! I won't age. You will age and get a nice job, get a wife and kids and I'm stuck here as an 18 year old young woman"
"Well maybe we can work around it or something"
"Oh really? How are we going to do that? Ha!"
"I don't know? Maybe we could see if there is a reversal spell or potion that stops all this from happening"
"I have my plan. I'm going back to my hometown where I met Jesse, find his flock and tell them that I killed him and just go from there. If they kill me, they kill me and that's that"
"You can't do that Sarah"
"At least if I do that then they won't come after you or Benny or anyone that you are around"
"I don't care about if they come for us"
"I DO!" Benny says cutting off Ethan.