Chapter 3

Knowing that AllMight's power could be passed down is... out of place, honestly.

Everybody knows over the years that society had never found a way to pass down quirks without using a quirk—not even consuming or fusing DNA! And yet, the No. 1 Hero has the power to pass his own down this entire time. It is shocking.

Of course, he had accepted—after a bit more context, of course. He's not that impulsive. And so he had met up with the hero the next day- a skip in his step the whole walk there. It was just so exciting. He got to train with the top-ranked hero! Any sane person would be like this!

At the moment, he's patiently waiting at the beach. The shore is coated in layers of trash, and it looks like it would take months to clean up! Shattered glass was scattered around dangerously, across the mountains of debris and materials. It's disgusting. The sand is infested with mould spewing out of the many fridges and boxes.

Takoba beach had turned into a junkyard.

"Midoriya!"

The green-haired boy jumps, a bit dazed and jumpy due to the time. He turns around to meet a skinny man who looked like he didn't eat enough food. His hair is frizzy and stuck up at the strangest of angles in his opinion.

This is AllMight in his true form. He has yet to know what happened to render the hero like this.

"Today, Young Midoriya, you will be building up your muscles to properly wield One For All. Throughout the course of ten months, this will be your routine," the hero explains, holding up some sort of routine card from what Izuku could see. He takes it only after a tiny bit of nagging from the hero.

"I have martial arts on the weekends- are those free?" He asks, looking down at the card. AllMight nods.

"Of course, it is your own time after all," he assures as Izuku pockets the card. It's five in the morning, and he has school in a while, so it's probably a good idea to start soon.

"There is a truck where you may unload all this...rubbish. Every day I will be dropping it off at the junkyard, so you can keep going," Izuku nods along, listening as the taller male explains what he'd be doing.

"Am I allowed to take breaks?" He asks, earning a nod. "Alright, great. No quirks?" Another nod. "If I find something I like, can I keep it?"

"Be careful if you do," AllMight warns. Izuku nods, grinning slightly.

"Alright."

-------------------------------

Izuku couldn't say he found anything he'd keep- the beach was filled with only rubbish and broken parts. There had been a few bits and bobs he had sold to a store for them to fix and sell. He wasn't too interested in all the scraps lying around, so he just threw it all in the truck like he was instructed.

He knew his limits when he was cleaning up the beach, and frequently took breaks for a minute or so to quickly gain his stamina back. He was already a muscly guy for his age, so he didn't need to do too much before he looked strange in his age group. He could probably lift twice as much as most of his class by now- even after only a few months with this project.

He was utterly exhausted after a few weeks, with AllMight soon changing his schedule after he had realised he was dealing with a stronger teen than he anticipated. Izuku was given higher expectations and would commonly be asked to try to hold more than he did the last time. It made his shirts smell and look horrible, but it was worth it when he saw how more muscly he was getting in such a short time. The beach had cleared up so much since he started, and it honestly shocked him about all his progress.

"We'll need to put you on the boxing team soon enough," Izuku hears, almost immediately turning the other way as somebody spoke. His instructor stood off to the side, a small grin on her face. "Are you sure you're still flexible enough for martial arts?" Izuku just rolls his eyes, blocking a hit from his opponent. Oh, he forgot he was in the middle of sparring.

"Yes, I'm sure. I wouldn't give this up just for such an activity," He replies, groaning as he felt a kick to his stomach. To be fair, this also hurt anyway, so it wasn't like that would change too much. He wasn't the best at Martial Arts, but he sure did try to improve with each lesson. Although he looked stronger than quite a lot of other teens there, he was near the worst in his opinion. Even though it was quite cheap, and their instructor was pretty horrid with explaining, it was all fine.

Even if he doesn't do well in the Entrance Exams, he hopes this impresses AllMight.