Lyllan University Survival Manual for New Slates

Athricorin - a naturally-occurring compound found in several plant and animal species known to induce calmness in humans; used as a main component in sleep draughts and other emotion-suppressant medicine.

Credence - the in-world version of a degree program; an educational path or course of action meant to guide the student to be an expert in a specific discipline.

Crown - the in-world currency

Darwood Gardens - a colloquial term for the Lyllan Enforcement and Investigation Unit; also refers to the entrance of an elite township where their headquarters are located. Over time, it became synonymous to them.

Demanthium - a species of flowering grass known to have an abundance of athricorin.

Hylsa - a social status reserved only for the most exemplary people; has the same connotation as a saint, a knight, or a dame.

Idea Vial - a potion that activates the brain's neural connections at a faster rate, resulting in the spontaneous generation of thoughts and ideas.

Lochrainn - a country ruled by a religious order called Lochrame.

Lochrame - the highest position of political, religious, and social power in Lochrainn; also refers to the religious order that rules over the country.

Magistrate - the head of a university; the in-world equivalent of a President or Principal.

Monograph - the in-world equivalent of a thesis or dissertation; usually given by professors at the end of the term to assess their students' mastery and application of the lectures' concepts.

New Slate - a colloquial term for the freshmen or people who have enrolled at university for the first time.

Ocalira - the governmental body in charge of protection, law enforcement, reconnaissance, and internal and external security; they are the military, the police, and every soldier in Lochrainn.

Old Kingdom - a euphemism for the fallen monarchical age of Lochrainn.

Orbea - an ornamental shrub that is under researched in the realm of Herbology; the claim of whether it can kill or stun enormous animals is still yet to be investigated.

Pearlcress - a species of garden weed that is said to be ephemeral in nature.

Strikeviper - a species of viper known for its venom that changes colors based on season.

Term - a full school year at university.

Yeti a mythical creature whose existence is being proven as of writing this guide.