000

a chance for happiness 

[ sixth year of atlanta potter ]

fourth year

Stars shone brightly in the moonless sky. Any other person might have found the scenery beautiful, but to Atlanta, the scene resembled her fate, which was as dark as the moonless night. Her blue eyes swiveled to the boy, not older than seventeen who had his back turned to her. His raven curls tumbled to his shoulder, as they blended into the dark.

"So," He began, his voice tight with agitation. "Do you have anything to say, Potter?"

Only years of training stopped Atlanta from cringing at the harsh way her soulmate spat her name. She could hear her mother's voice, her words, the curse that came as a package with her existence in her head, but she ignored it. She knew that it was her Fate that her soulmate would reject her, but a stubborn part of her naively hoped for his love.

Perhaps that hope was futile.

"Corvus-" She started, her voice soft and hesitant. So, different from the fearsome and favorite daughter of Nemesis.

"Black," Corvus Black interrupted as he finally turned around, pinning her with cold grey eyes as he looked down upon her. "You, of all people have no right to call me by my name, Potter."

Atlanta bristled at the way he sneered her name. It was as if he had forgotten the relationship that their fathers had. Corvus, the son of Sirius Black and Flavia Malfoy hated everything that was related to the Potters. He seemed to have a proper reason to. After all, his father prioritized his best mate and his family over his son. 

Even after getting out, Sirius never once contacted his wife and son. Though, who can blame Sirius, for he was hopelessly in love with her godmother Marlene Mckinnon, his parents knowing their oldest's love for another, forced him to marry Lucius Malfoy's younger sister, Flavia, when he was just sixteen. The whole society knew, that Corvus was not conceived out of love or lust, but he was the result of a night where Flavia forced herself on Sirius, to conceive his heir.

The story was similar to what happened to Cygnus Black when he was shy of fourteen, when Druella Rosier a woman older by him by almost a decade forced herself on him to conceive Bellatrix. Cygnus, the man for the first and last time displayed sympathy for his nephew and helped Sirius to escape from his house. After which, Sirius escaped to the Potters.

Not once since then, has he ever contacted his wife and son. To him, they never existed. And when Atlanta heard of this story from Remus, she couldn't help but feel righteous anger. And to think that Corvus would go on to blame the Potters for helping Sirius when his mother was the root of all the problems that stemmed in his life.