Princess- Reason for the Curse

Aura:

"Please tell me more about that princess. I am a movie director and I am writing a story regarding a warrior princess. So this might help me," Evan said to the priest hiding that his movie is based on the story of Alambica princess.

The priest glanced at Evan for a while.

"After the aarti, meet me in my house behind the temple. I will tell you what I heard about that princess," the priest said.

"Talking about that princess infront of Goddess Durga is not considered good as that evokes the anger of the Goddess," the priest said and Evan nodded.

We took the aarti and went to see the whole temple as it's architecture is fantastic. The story of Lord Shiva and Sati and the pictures of famous eighteen Shaktipeeth are meticulously carved on the walls of the temple. The temple was closed but we roamed around the temple as it's so peaceful. Suddenly, an ox from somewhere came towards Evan making us worried and frightened. I held Evan's hand and dragged him into a room in the temple. We hid there for sometime and then, I held his hand and went out of the temple through the secret passage. I relaxed after that but Evan looked at me weirdly.

"What?" I said.

"How do you know that there's a room on the left side of the temple and it has a secret passage to go out of the temple?"

Only then I realised that how I saved Evan from an ox. Yes, he is right. How did I know about that mysterious route? I never visited this temple before. Before I could speak, the priest came out of his house seeing us and Evan stopped the discussion. We went to the priest's house.

"I heard that she is a great princess who is a terror even to the Britishers and they couldn't occupy her territory. Then why didn't we never read anything about her in our History?" Evan said.

"Because she sacrificed her loyalty for her love," the priest said.

"What?" Evan said.

"Yes. She is a great warrior princess. She is born to the Alambica King and Queen after many years. In that period, Mughals joined the hands with British to take over all those kingdoms that doesn't have a male heir. But this princess was well trained in the tactics of war and no one were able to defeat her. She is a fierce warrior in the battle field but a compassionate mother to her subjects in the Kingdom. Mughals and Britishers stayed away from this kingdom fearing for her.

But one day, the king of Kalash Empire waged war against this kingdom. The war went for so long and the military strength of the Alambica Empire decreased because of the deaths of soldiers in the war. Then that king tried to make the princess surrender to him. But the people of the kingdom stood by their princess and joined her in the war deciding to sacrifice their lives in the war to save her self respect.

After a few days of war, that king sent a secret message to the princess asking her hand for marriage, so that she will be the Queen of his kingdom but on a condition that her subjects will be slaves to the King forever. Then the princess who is already in love with that king agreed for the proposal.

Only then her people came to understand her evil intentions that she is in love with that King for a longtime and because of that, she herself accepted the defeat in the war to marry that King by surrendering her kingdom and people to him. But as the people of the kingdom joined the war, her plan was failed and now she instantly agreed to the proposal of that king.

Her father, the King of Alambica opposed this marriage proposal as he promised to the King of the ally kingdom Varnista (who is a big strength to Alambica), that he will get his daughter married to that king. King of Varnista loved this princess from his childhood. But unfortunately this princess went against the decision of her father and that king committed suicide as he can't break his promise. But a few say that it's the princess who gave poison to her parents.

The princess decided to marry the king of enemy kingdom Kalash secretly in the Goddess Durga temple after her parents' suicide as she felt that if that comes out, she couldn't marry her love. But this news spread among the people quickly, and the people of Alambica Empire tried to escape from the clutches of the soldiers of Kalash Empire disagreeing to become the slaves but they were tortured and killed by those soldiers of the Kalash Empire as ordered by their king. Seeing this bloodshed, the Goddess Durga cursed the princess who tried to marry the king of Kalash in her temple and the entire kingdom was destroyed taking away the lives of many people," the priest said.

And the priest added that,"even today that place is abandoned as whoever passes through that place would die and no one can find even their dead bodies."

"But why did the Goddess Durga curse the entire kingdom instead of the princess alone who wronged and betrayed her parents and people?" Evan said.

The priest looked at Evan surprised.

"Until now we never thought about this," the priest said.

"How did you know the story of this princess?" I said.

"It was spread through the mouths of people for generations."

"Do we have any evidence regarding this curse or about that betrayal story of the princess?" I said.

"We don't have any evidence."

"Then the Story can be either way too. What if the people of Alambica kingdom betrayed the princess and the angry Goddess Durga cursed the entire kingdom for their fault?" Evan said.

"What if Veekshith betrayed everyone i.e. the princess and people and is the reason of the curse?" I said.

"Who is this Veekshith?" Evan said.

"The King of Vashista Empire, who is a great friend and supporter of the princess," the priest said.

"But how do you know his name as this story was no where mentioned until now? You can't find in any book or on internet," Evan said.

"Maybe someone who belongs to this place might have told her the story already," the priest said.

"Yes, yesterday in the hotel, someone is talking about this and I listened to their conversation finding it interesting," I said, trying to hide the truth which is unknown to me too.

How did I know that secret path in the temple? Why did I say the name Veekshith about whom I know nothing. How can I find answers to my questions that's confusing me completely?

"Does anyone know more about this princess?" Evan said.

"Not really. Because this happened before 250 years and we don't have any written evidence about this," the priest said.

"Something is really suspicious. If the princess is wrong, definitely the Goddess won't be cursing the entire kingdom. I should find out the truth," Evan said.

"And what's the name of the princess?" Evan said.

"Sahasra," I said and the priest nodded.

Hi friends, how is the episode? How can Evan find out the mystery where there's no evidence at all regarding the incident? How did Aura know about the names of Veekshith and Sahasra where she doesn't know anything else about the incident?