Chapter 2: First Contact

Luke rose from his desk at the end of the lesson and wanted to leave. He was confused and upset about what had just happened. He felt he was in love with Peter, but he didn't know what to do about it. Peter was straight, had a girlfriend, and was famous.

Luke was gay, had no one, and was ordinary. He had no chance for Peter to notice him, let alone love him. Lukas thought it was better if he avoided the Petros and forgot about him. But Peter had a different plan. When he saw Luke wanted to leave, he called to him:

"Hey, Luke, wait!"Luke turned and looked at him. Peter smiled and came to him."Where are you going? Don't you have time for coffee?" asked Peter. Lukas hesitates. He wanted to have coffee with Peter, but he was afraid it would be strange. What would Peter think of him? What would others think of them? What would Luke think of himself?" I... I have to go... I have something important..." said Lukas. " Peter shrugged and said, "Too bad. I thought we could have a chat. You know, I'm new here, I don't know anyone here. You seemed like a nice guy. Plus, we're classmates, we should get to know each other a little bit, right?"Luke stopped. 

Peter told him he was a nice guy. That she wants to talk to him? That she wants to meet him? That was too much. Luke felt his pulse quicken and redden. He wasn't sure what to say. Was it a random suggestion, or something more? Peter noticed his embarrassment and said, "Don't worry, I won't do anything to you. I'm a normal guy, like you. I'm just playing football. It's nothing special. And you're studying economics. That's interesting, too. We can exchange opinions, experiences, and tips. What do you say?"Lukas looked into his green eyes and made up his mind. Maybe it was a chance he shouldn't have missed. Maybe it was the beginning of something beautiful. Maybe it was fate."Okay, let's go for coffee," Luke said.

Peter beamed and said, "Great! Come on, I know a good cafe nearby. Will you come with me?"Lukas nodded and walked with him. He left his backpack and notebooks in the classroom. Now all he needed was one thing. Being with Peter. Luke took the first step toward his heart.