CHAPTER 1: SUNNY FROWNS

As you stepped into the factory, the musk of age and rotting paint hit your nostrils like a freight train. Sure, the smell was awful, but... nostalgic, in a way.

You took another step forward, marveling in the sights. You didn't even notice the door closing behind you.

The place was a total mess. Not to mention the fact that you were almost sure the ceiling would've collapsed onto you if you stayed where you were any longer. You walked behind the front desk, looking around. That computer must have been an ancient relic at this point. You almost sat down on the office chair behind the desk, but look at it almost instantly made up your mind not to. You really didn't want to bust your ass on tile, let alone broken tile.

You picked up a green VHS on the desktop, looking at it. A whole cloud of dust came off practically the second it moved off the dust, some of it getting in your eyes and the other bits of it accidentally being inhaled.

You rubbed your eyes, coughing. Okay, note to self; don't hold any damn thing in this place close to your face unless you want another face full of dust.

Once your eyes actually began to work again, you looked at the tape that you had slammed against the desk. You were pretty sure this was the tape one of your advisors played after hours to warn any intruders. At least the security system had been disabled long before you came here...well, at least you hoped so.

You blinked rapidly, trying to get the remaining dust out of your eyes. You got out from around the desk, deciding not to touch anything else back behind it. You stepped over some broken toy shards, just perusing at this point.

You came across a door with a color pin. You tried the handle, only to find it locked. It seemed like Playtime Co. still had some power somehow. You entered a random pin, not expecting it to work. And just as you thought, nothing happened except for the pin resetting. Honestly, you half expected a loud alarm to start blaring and the police to come out of nowhere demanding you to put your hands in the air. Ah, the imagination. A wild, untamed placed.

You thought for a moment. Wasn't there a way to remember the code somewhere else..? The memory was faint, but you believed that there was a way to remember without asking for help in the gift shop...

You turned around, walking back past the front desk and to the gift shop. You almost forgot how many times you had to go back and forth during your shifts. Ah, not so fond memories.

As you pushed open the door (the fact that you had to deliberately keep it on its hinges was kind of sad), stepping inside. You looked around, just taking it all in again. It was almost like you couldn't believe your eyes anywhere you went. Everything was just so... different.

The gift shop was practically the same old gift shop from when you left. But it had clearly been raided at some point. Considering the fact that there were toys spilled everywhere, the cash register was clearly broken into at some point. Not to mention the fact that there was an ominous red stain on the floor. Spooky.

One thing caught your eye though; a door.

It was a metal door that you never remembered being there. It was only accessible with the blue hand on a grabpack though.. which you actually never got the opportunity to use. Management said you were too immature and you might've broken either the grabpack or yourself.

You looked at the door for a second longer before looking up, noticing a little train going on a track in circles. Oh, this was the little gadget that gave the door code. You were surprised no guests had ever found that out, despite it being rather easy to spot out.

You scurried back out of the gift shop and back to the color pin. You quickly entered the code, green, yellow, pink, red, and were delighted to see that you didn't actually have the memory of the goldfish as the door opened.