Chapter 1

Ever since his aunt death, Peter's life has been pretty miserable, not that it was better before, but at least he had his aunt.

He had his aunt until that night where everything went downhill. Peter was waiting for his aunt in their humble apartment like he always did every night, he was supposed to do so until she came back from her job.

But that night Peter waited and waited, but the door didn't open, after one hour peter gave up waiting, never had his aunt taken so long to come back, never. They always maintain that routine and his aunt always stuck by it, until tonight.

So, Peter made a decision, he was going to look for her. Quickly he made a note, leaving it on top of the table in case that his aunt came back, and he wasn't there, and he left.

He knew the way that May took to go and come back from her work, so Peter follows it. It was pretty risky being outside at this hour, especially for a human like Peter but, he had to find May, he had to, they stuck together.

Peter walked silently through the dirty streets looking for a sight of his aunt, and then he saw it. He saw the last thing he wanted to see, something so horrific that it would haunt his memory forever and would visit him in his nightmares.

He walked cautiously, almost like he was afraid, 'you're afraid' his mind supplied.

"Aunt may?" he whispered, approaching the unmoving body on the ground. He got no response.

He crouched down, carefully moving out the hair from the face, gasping at the reveal confirming his worst fear. It was his aunt deadly pale face that greeted him, she had been attacked. Peter falls down on the ground, a hand in his face to muffle his cries.

His aunt was dead, he was all alone, and it was all the dam blood suckers fault, they took everything from him. He heard some noise, someone was coming, with a last look to the haunting face that his aunt had become, he took off running. He ran until he couldn't, eventually finding his way back to the apartment.

Then he allowed himself to crash, he fell unto his knees crying, how could this have happened to his innocent aunt, she never did anything wrong in her life, she was such a sweet woman that despite the circumstance, despite not having much she always helped others, and how did the society returns the favour? They killed her, they suck all the blood out and leave her in the filthy street with no dignity left, she didn't deserve that.

Wiping his face with his sleeves, Peter got up, he didn't even had time to grieve properly, he had to get out of the apartment as soon as possible before they came and get him. He knew what happen to orphanage kids, most of the time they were adopted by covens and transformed. It was a known fact that vampires couldn't have kids of their own, so to keep their line going their best bet was to transform human kids, and Peter sure as hell wasn't about to become one of them.

He grabbed his bag and started to pack his clothes along with the small stash of money that May had put together for emergencies, he looked back at the apartment with sorrow knowing that he would never be able to set foot in here ever again, before stepping out into the cold night.

That was six months ago, and unsurprisingly, Peter's life has gotten progressively worse with each passing day. He had nowhere to stay, being kicked out from one abandoned place to another every few nights, on top of that his money ran out pretty fast, food was expensive and in a month his fund was almost all gone. Since he was a minor and on the run from Child protective services it was almost impossible finding a job, he was only able to do an odd job here and there for a few bucks and that was it.

But now, with the winter approaching, Peter was starting to get worried. He was thinner by the day, weak from hunger some days he couldn't even find the strength to get up from the cold hard floor, now adding cold rain and possibly snow on top of that Peter seriously didn't know how he would be able to survive, he barely had money for food much less money to buy a blanket. He should have thought of that when he left his apartment, but he guessed he wasn't really in the best place to think properly, and now he was paying with the consequences.

Due to the lack of money Peter reduced to begging on the streets, most of the time people pitied on the homeless kid and gave him some change or a piece of bread, other times when Peter wasn't so lucky, he had to do something that he was disgusted of himself for. He had to sell his blood on the back alleys, vampires liked his young blood, and it was cheaper to buy it illegally than from other places, besides Peter betted it tasted better to drink from the source.

The problem was that sometimes the vampires Peter sold to lacked from self-control and drank more than they were supposed to, leaving him nauseous and dizzy from the lack of blood.

That brings him to his current situation, stumbling through the alleys the world spinning around the edges, and he was having a hard time remaining on his feet, but on the bright side on his pocket was a crisp fifty dollar bill that would be put towards food.

Unfortunately, the destiny had other plans because the next thing he knew, someone had pressed him against a wall.

"Hello pretty boy, pass me all your money or your face will get it" someone said holding him firmly against the wall

"I don't got any" Peter responded remaining perfectly still hoping that the man would believe him and leave him alone

Of course, the man didn't take his word for it, because why would he, instead he started to rummage Peter pockets until he pulled out his only money.

"Look what we got here" he said smirking, holding the bill on Peter's face.

"No" he said weakly, clumsily trying to grab it back.

The answer he got back was a punch to his face that sent him falling to the ground in a pile of limbs, "please" he called out while watching the man leave with his only means to eat.

He managed to seat against the wall thinking about his situation, he was suffering from blood loss, something that wouldn't get fixed without food, and the money that he was planning to use to buy food was gone, and now he probably had a black eye.

He brought his knees to his chest, hiding his face, allowing tears to come out of his eyes. God, what his life come to, he hoped his aunt couldn't see him right now, sitting in a dirty alley hungry on the verge to pass out.

His thoughts were interrupted by footsteps and some voices walking down the street, making him look up, he didn't need any more problems for today.