Chapter Two

Vixen's POV:

"Girl, you need to find a date to formal and stat," Bethany said as she twirled her long, auburn hair around her skinny finger. Vixen was worried about her. She hadn't always been this slim, she used to be a good weight but lately, she seemed to be losing more weight by the week.

"And who do you suggest?" Vixen said flatly, taking a bite from her sandwich. "There aren't many men left around this school." She wasn't lying. There were only about three who didn't have dates in her grade.

"Who's that boy your brother hangs out with? Ivan? Rumour has it he doesn't have anyone." Bethany took a sip of her juice box and set it down. "Unless you would rather go with your own brother."

She raised an eyebrow. "Let's get one thing out of the way, I am not going to go to formal with my brother. No, thank you. Secondly, Ivan?" Vixen looked over at the table where her brother, Mason, sat. "That's not a bad idea actually."

Mason always had such a big friendship group. Everyone wanted to be around him, friends with him, the lot. She unfortunately didn't get that luck. The only reason people gravitated to her was because she was the lead cheerleader. Ivan was a mystery to her. She only knew him based on what her brother had told her, and she knew he didn't visit his friends' houses often as well. Her eyes scanned Mason's friends until they landed on Ivan, a blond-haired boy that matched the way her brother described.

"Him? Y'all want me to go with that ugly thing to formal? No thanks. I'd rather go with a donkey then him," Vixen said, scrunching her face up in disgust.

"Vicky, you know that's so mean. Don't be like that," Emily said pointedly, side eyeing her. "He's a good looking boy. Just ask him. It's better than going alone. You know how people talk in this school."

Vixen sighed and stared at the red table. She knew Emily was right, but she really didn't want to go with Ivan.  He was the last person she wanted to go with. "Okay, fine," she said finally after mulling over it for a bit. "I'll do it." She pushed her chair out, wincing as it squeaked against the floor. Slowly, she made her way over to her brothers table, heading over to the blond boy. "Ivan. Get up. We need to talk." Her arms crossed over her chest as she raised an eyebrow.

Ivan slowly turned around in his chair, raising an eyebrow at her too. "Try that again but less rude and condescending. I'm not a German shepherd or a circus monkey, I'm a person."

She went silent for a few moments, her eyes meeting her brothers' green ones across the table. Mason seemed to be holding in a laugh. She rolled her eyes back and did her best 'nice girl' plea to Ivan, holding in a pained sigh.

"Fine. Sorry. Ivan, may I please speak to you, away from your friends?" She had to fight an eye roll as she spoke.

"I'll forgive your tone just this once," Ivan said, standing up from his seat, eyeing Vixen from head to toe.

She crossed her arms and began to walk to the side hall which was behind the wall from where her brother and his friends sat. "You and I don't have dates for the formal so I'm here to see if you want to go with me."

"Gee Vixen, thank you for the lovely offer but someone beat you to it five minutes ago," Ivan said, his eyes wondered around as he rubbed the back of his head.

Her eyes widened and her breathe caught in her throat. "What?! How? I didn't see any chic go to your table though. Who the fuck beat me?!" Her heart sank. How could this be possible?

"Who said anything about a girl?" Ivan asked confused. "You''ll have to find someone else." He turned and walked off, heading back to his group of friends, leaving her to stand there with wide eyes.