The jewelry store heist || Chapter 7

Well, it's been a few days now. Lester had just called me up, telling me that the jewelry store job was now fully ready to go. And now today, we're finally doing the job. I'm gonna be honest, I'm excited about this, but also nervous as hell. Hopefully this job won't go wrong, like the last one I did. But hey, I'm working with an actual crew here, who probably... No, definitely knows more than I do. So hopefully things will go well this time around.
Anyways, right now me and the rest of the crew had met up at the same Garment Factory I was at the other day. We all had to wear these uniforms, from this place called Bugstars, so we all looked like we were disguised as exterminators, heheh. Lester and Michael were there, telling us about the plans. Packie was there too, alongside the rest of the crew that I had just met today...

 Packie was there too, alongside the rest of the crew that I had just met today

There was Franklin...

Eddie, who was our driver

And Rickie, who was our hacker

"Now we all know why we're here..." Michael says. "We've got a store to take. The plan is simple... Elegant. Listen to Lester, pay attention to the information he gives you, and we'll all make a buck. Things go bad, you know the drill. This wasn't organized, we don't know each other... We got caught up in a robbery and acted in self-defense. But that's not going to be an issue because everything's gonna go just fine."
"The um... The er... Alarm system is easy." Lester states. "Now if I didn't need to be running things I could have done it offline myself no problem, but uh, you should be able to get us a pretty decent window. How decent depends on the job you do. Now, once it's down, you signal Michael, he makes the call."
"If things look good, we should be able to drop a present right through the air vent on the roof." Michael states. "Everybody goes to sleep, no problem. We take our time. If we run into trouble, we move quickly and with force. Any questions?"
We were all silent, nobody asking any questions.
"No? Let's go." Michael and the rest of us got up, following out of the room. Lester was the only one staying behind, following Michael down the stairs and outside to the vehicles.
"Frank, you're with me. Rickie, I hope you can manage the truck with the bikes." Michael says. "Packie, Loona, and Eddie, the van. See you on Little Portola, people. Initials only from here on out."
Eddie got into the driver's seat, me and Packie also getting in as we drove off.
"Hey, you alright? You've been looking pretty nervous all day." Packie asks.
"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. This just reminds me of my last heist." I replied. "I almost went to prison because of it... It was also a jewelry store heist as well."
"You had bad luck with jewelry stores or something?" Eddie asks, chuckling a bit.
"Hopefully not. Stupidity is more like it." I responded. "That only went wrong because I did that shit all on my own. No way in hell I'd even be here right now if my dad didn't help me out."
"Damn, sounds like your dads still got it!" Packie says. "Man, I wish he hadn't retired. It'd be amazing if he was in on this job with us... Wait... Are you talking about that jewelry store out in Algonquin? You tried robbing that shit alone?!"
Packie had an almost bewildered look on his face, looking like he was trying to hold back laughter. I could hear Eddie also snickering to himself quietly as well.
"Yeah yeah, laugh all you want..." I said, starting to chuckle to myself a bit as well. "You're all just lucky I'm not the one leading this job, or else we'd all be sharing prison cells together."
We quickly then arrived at the Jewelry store, parking close enough outside of it. We could all see Michael's car on the other side of the car, all of us carefully looking out the window and waiting for the signal. I was looking over into the windows of the jewelry store, where I could soon see smoke puffing out through the windows... As everyone in the store passed out. Michael then made the signal, as all of us grabbed our stuff... Slipping on our gas masks, grabbing our bags and guns as we hopped out of the van, going up to Michael at the front of the store...
"Let's go." And with that, we all ran into the store.
"Go! Go! Go!!"
SMASH!! CRUNCH!! CRACK!!
All of us each ran over to display cases in the store, breaking through the glass on various cases, grabbing all of the jewelry.
"Bros, I wouldn't stay in there too long, ok?" I could hear Rickie's voice over the sound of our earpieces. "This alarm is gonna go... At some point."
"You gotta be kidding me! Why did I employ a hacker who can't run anti-virus software?!" Michael snapped in annoyance. Well, atleast I'm not the only incompetent criminal on this job...
"Shit, umm... Okay. The alarm hasn't gone off yet." Rickie says.
"We ain't hit the target yet! Keep going!" Michael says. Luckily there was only a couple display cases left. Me and Michael grabbed the last of the jewels in the store... And all of us ran out of the store, where Franklin was waiting for us, along with some motorcycles for the rest of us. There was also this patrol officer, who was yelling at Franklin.
"Man, get the fuck out my face!" Franklin snapped at the patrol officer. Michael quickly grabbed the man, throwing him to the ground...
"You forget a thousand things every day, pal. Make sure this is one of them."
And with that, me, Franklin, Packie, and Eddie all drove off. Since Eddie was the driver, he was in front of us, the rest of us all following him. There was already a bunch of police cars in the city, all of us having to swerve our way between police cars and regular pedestrian cars as well...
"We're taking a right here, and dropping off the bridge onto the freeway." Eddie says through the earpieces. We all jumped our bikes off the bridge, following Eddie through these tunnels.
"Now we duck to the right into these tunnels!" Eddie says. "We're going through this tunnel up ahead!"
We all followed Eddie down the tunnels, where they split off into two directions...
"The tunnel splits. Both lead to the same place."
We continued driving down the tunnels...
"Keep going through the mud, bike should be able to handle it." Eddie says.
"Good thing we got bikes that can handle the dirt!" Packie says.
"I studied the route and I'm not an idiot. These are the best bikes for the terrain." Eddie responds. Makes me feel better that the driver knows what he's doing. Eddie kept giving us directions as we continued driving through the tunnels, now into these sewers. It was a bit rougher driving through the sewers, but hey, I'm a pretty decent driver, so I know what I'm doing here. Or atleast, I hope so...
"We should start climbing toward the surface. This is the home straight." Eddie says. "If the truck's in the LS river, then we're ok... And... I see light! we're out."
"Uhh bros, just to warn you, we're not the only people waiting for you in the LS river..." Rickie says over the ear pieces. Well, shit...
We finally arrived out of the sewers, the motorcycles jumping over a bunch of police cars... Luckily we could see the truck on the other side of the river, that Michael was driving. I was worried that one of the police cars would take out any of us, but the truck that Michael was driving had some sturdy bars on it, which would quickly take out each of the cop cars with one hard slam. Michael was quickly able to take out each of the cop cars, as no more would appear. We all stopped at the end of the river, the truck opening up as we all drove inside.
"Lester's waiting for us at the lockup." Michael says, driving out of the river area and back out onto the roads.
"Aw, fuck man. I thought I was goin' be stuck to that bike." Franklin says.
"Yeah, I thought you were gonna be stuck under a cop car." Michael responds.
"I thought we were all gonna be dead there." I said, letting out a deep, exhausted sigh. "You sure there's no more cops around? We really just got away with all this?"
"You know what? I think we did." Michael responded.
"Damn... Wow! I can't believe it..."
"YEAH!!"
Luckily we had all now arrived at the lockup, Michael parking the truck as we all hopped out.
"Alright, people. We need to split up, they're gonna be looking for a crew." Michael says, Lester also walking out of the nearby garage.
"I'll wire your cuts when the rocks have been sold." Lester says.
"That shit was crazy, dog. So what now?" Franklin asks.
"We get out of here... Keep our heads down." Lester responds.
"Hey, you did good kid." Michael says to Franklin. "What I tell you Lester, huh?" Michael turns to Lester, who nods in agreement.
"Alright look, everybody take off." Michael says. All of us walked away, going out separate ways, as Packie followed me.
"Kid, you did great out there! You really were on fire..." Packie says. "Guess you really do have your dad's skills, huh?"
"Heh, thanks. I guess I do a little bit..." I responded, smiling back at him.
"Hey, get your phone out right now! I wanna talk to Niko. We gotta tell him about today!" Packie says.
"Wait-Right now?" I responded. "Dude, that is not a good idea... Especially not right now."
"Shit, you're right. Could you at least give me his new number then?" Packie asks. "I tried calling him like, a year ago but his old number wasn't working."
"Yeah, alright..." I pulled out my phone, giving Packie my dad's number. "Here you go. I'll make sure to tell him I gave it you. I doubt he'll answer otherwise."
"Sweet... Thanks a lot, Sofi. I'll see you later."

The next day...
Man, I can't believe it... I really completed my first successful heist! Er, does it count as my heist if I'm not the one running it...? Eh, who cares. Either way, I did it! And I didn't get sent to prison!
I think this calls for a little celebration. So today, I wanted to head back to that one bar and club today. I know I started that bar fight there, but hey, I like the food there. I just hope that Bunni chick ain't gonna be there today. I mean, it is a weekday and it's earlier on in the day, so I doubt she'll be here today...
Well luckily, I was right. Once I arrived at the club, it was way less packed, having only a few people inside, and nobody on stage as well. I'm honestly glad for that. I need a bit of a peaceful lunch for me today.
I sat down at an empty table, looking over the menu a bit. As I was looking over it, I peeked over the menu, as I saw a familiar face walk into the club...
"Oh, shit... Franklin, hey! Over here."
I waved over to Franklin, who looked equally surprised to see me, walking up to my table.
"Shit, I wasn't expecting to see anyone from yesterday's crew here..." Franklin says. "How you doing?"
"Pretty good." I replied. "Hey, wanna sit with me a bit? It'd be nice to hang out with someone I'm actually on good terms with around here... Uh, only if you want to, of course."
Franklin was silent for a moment, looking around the club for a few seconds before he nodded, sitting down on the chair across from me. "Alright... Why not."

Sometime later...
It was actually nice being able to hang out and talk to Franklin for a bit, he was pretty cool. We even ended up exchanging numbers afterwards, so we can get the chance to hang out again another time.
Oh, and another thing... I think it would be a good idea if I leave town for a few days after doing that job. Might be a good idea to lay low somewhere just for a little bit, in case the cops are looking for us... Maybe I can go out to Sandy Shores?
Yeah, I'm gonna do that.