The day we met

Delilah slammed the door to her bedroom, locking it with a wicked force she didn't know she had. Earlier today, her father had gotten off the phone with the Santiago Family. They were known as the Assassin Family, known for their many killings and cover ups. The boss of the entire operation use to be James Santiago, but unfortunately, he'd passed away last year of heart failure. Now his 25 year old son, Elijah, is now taking on the role as the leader of Assassins. Delilah didn't know much about him, but from all the rumors out there, she knew that he wasn't the nicest guy to be around.

After Delilah's father hung up the phone, he was smiling at her. Delilah flinched. Her father was an abusive man, having killed her mother before she was even a year old and making her feel like shit whenever she was near him. He never raised a hand to her, but it didn't stop her from wanted to run away. Which she's tried.

Her father smiles because he'd finally found a way to save them from the rats of the Santiago Family. All he had to do was let Elijah have his daughter. Delilah was gonna be sick. Was he seriously going to hand her over just to save his own ass? That question was already answered for her, for her father demanded that she'd go to her room and start packing immediately. Heartbroken and angry, she obeyed.

Now, Delilah slumped onto the pillow of her bedroom and cried, clenching onto her Care Bear plush that she'd gotten for her birthday. The Care Bear was pink with a heart on her belly. The colors of the rainbow shone rays of light around the heart. The Care Bear's name was 'Hopeful Heart Bear'. It was so cute she had to had it.

Delilah sniffed and looked at her Care Bear. "There has to be hope, right Heart?" she said but the Care Bear only stared at her in silence.

As dusk turned to night, a loud bang had awoken the sleeping girl. Delilah was greeted by three large men dressed in black and armed to the teeth with guns. She screamed, clutching her plush for dear life. "GET UP!" One of them said as Delilah quickly hopped off the bed still in her nightgown. The man closest to her, grabbed her arm, forcing her out of the room. Delilah tried to struggle, but the grip was too firm for her. "Please, lemme go." she began to cry but the men ignored her, making their way downstairs.

Delilah looked to find at least 4 other men including her father. 2 of them were at the door also armed to the teeth. 1 was forcing her father to his knees and the last one was pointing a bullet to his head. Her father had tears running down his eyes as well as piss down his pants. The men laughed. "How pathetic, Frank. I've been waiting a long time for this."

"I-I gave you what you wanted. M-My daughter, she's all y-" The man slammed his butt of the gun on her father's head. Delilah squeaked. "I didn't ask for your daughter. I asked for your head!" the man yelled aiming the gun at him and was about to pull the trigger before the man holding my father stopped him. "Boss..." he said, his voice trailing off a bit. The man looked at him and followed his gaze.

At me.

The man holding my father must've noticed my shocked face because the man with the gun quickly pulled it back. As he made his way towards me, I tried to take a step back but couldn't. "No, please. Leave me alone." I cried and struggled as the man looked into my eyes and I looked at his. I couldn't see his face for it was covered by a black scarf. He raised his hand to lift my chin. "How old are you?" he asked in a rough tone. Squeezing my Care Bear, I cleared my throat. "20." The man stared at me a little longer before removing his hand. "Take her to the car." The man that was holding me didn't ask questions, leading me outside.

When we made it out of the house, he led me to a black SUV and unlocked the door. "Get in." It was more of a request than an order. I climbed inside as the man closed the door behind me. We waited a few minutes before I heard a single gunshot.

I didn't need to know who it was that was dead. I felt no sympathy for my father nor will I mourn him, yet when I heard the shot, I still cried. Not for him, but for my home.

The car doors opened and 2 men came in to sit beside me while 2 others sat in the driver and passenger seat. The car turned on and the man with the gun turned to face me again. I blushed a bit and used my stuffy to cover my mouth a bit, before the gun man put the car in drive and drove off.