N°15

[Friday]

The silent treatment has been going six days strong.

It took three hours for Jinah to finally admit she was wrong. She was not only an insensitive jerk to her mother but to Jennie as well.

It's tough when all her life she's learned to get through hardships without other people's empathy. Her mother has been an almost-absent figure who barely raised her. The only person who cared about her was Jaehyuk, but then that prick decided to abandon her for a year and a half. This leaves her cousin, Gray, who cares about her enough that he won't let her throw her life away in the streets. Although, he isn't the best influence either.

The only person who cares about Jinah is now giving her the cold shoulder.

Even in history class, Jennie refuses to sit next to her. On Monday, Jinah took the empty desk next to her, but Jennie immediately stood up and moved to another desk across the room. And to piss Jinah off even more, Jennie decided to sit next to Eunwoo, another boy who's been crushing on her and clearly making moves on her.

It almost made Jinah crack.

All week, the punk has been sitting at her usual desk in the back of the room while staring at Jennie. She doesn't take notes, listen to the teacher, or mutter a single word to her classmates. Just sit and stare at Jennie for fifty minutes until the bell rings. Then, repeat for the study hall period.

When talking didn't work, Jinah's been leaving small gifts in Jennie's locker as a way to win her forgiveness. Some days were her favorite snacks, other days were blue flowers. All of which were thrown away in the nearest trash can, as well as the younger girl's hopes. Jinah decided to give up after the fourth day since she couldn't tolerate the uncomfortable ache in her chest at every rejection.

"Why are you so mopey? It's weird seeing you like this," Wonho comments as he sits next to her while everyone else is finding their seats before the second bell rings. The gloomy fox rests her chin on top of her folded arms while boring holes into the back of Jennie's head. She knows the goth girl can feel her intense gaze, but she's doing her best to ignore it.

"No reason," mumbles the raven.

The football player tilts his head over to invade Jinah's vision. He can't remember the last time he saw the knitted brows and cute pout on her face. Or maybe he's never seen that expression before. Either way, he finds it funny yet pitiful at the same time. "It's me, Wonho, your friend. You can open up to me, you know."

The punk merely glances at him before returning her gaze to her favorite nightmare. "Jennie won't talk to me."

Wonho clicks his tongue in amusement, sitting back in his chair and crossing his beefy arms. "I knew it," he snickers. "What'd you do this time?"

"Something insensitive."

"We have like three minutes before Mr. Hong shows up. Care to explain?"

After exhaling a deep breath, Jinah begins telling him what happened between Friday and Saturday. She didn't sugarcoat anything nor change the details to make her appear like she wasn't the bad guy. Even though she hates being wrong, she is completely honest.

"Thee Son Jinah is no longer single anymore?!" Wonho gasps dramatically. "Wow, this should be on the headlines on today's news."

"Is that all you got from what I told you?" Jinah sits up and shoots him a pointed glare.

"No, no! It's just that I'm more shocked that you were the one to ask her out," he elaborates. "But yeah, you're totally an asshole."

"I know..." Jinah returns to her original slouching position.