.Horror Island BackStory: Yoongi.

« - It's going to rain soon. Be careful, will you?
- Yes, Mother, don't worry, I'll be home in two days at the latest.
- A couple of days? So you were planning to go further than the lake?
- Unfortunately, the first berries of winter only grow there.
- Oh, well. Fine. Be careful out there. May the forest guard you. »
It was solemn, as if he wasn't really going for a walk in the forest, but for something else entirely. A sort of ball of anguish made itself felt in his stomach, even though daylight hadn't yet lit up the village. With his bag slung over his shoulder and his precarious camping gear in hand, he hurried quietly through the deserted village streets. It didn't take Yoongi long to reach the winding path, strewn with branches and slippery stones, damp with late autumn. Winter would soon arrive and the lake would almost certainly be too frozen for anyone to reach safely. Yoongi would have to move fast if he didn't want to get caught in the trap of snow and ice. He had left a note for Hoseok that he, Namjoon and Jin would meet at the temple, after which only time would tell.
« -This is sheer madness, do you realize that? What if someone caught on us? We'll look like fools.
- So we listen to the priest and give up trying to find them?
- Who's to say they just didn't leave after all?
- If that had been the case then we would have had a message long ago, however we got nothing. »
Yoongi watches the couple disagree with the assurance that at least that hasn't changed. His smile widened as the two turned to look at him, and he approached without making a sound in the wilderness. The temple was a large building and it would take some time for the couple to get around it. Enough to give him time to reach the berries plain and check the lake to see if he didn't find something interesting. A clue to the sudden disappearance of the couple, or even one of them. It was necessary to remain rational and keep a cool head if no one wanted to go mad.
« -It's now been almost two months since they disappeared together, and the village is doing nothing to find them. Still...
- I know, Seokjin. We'll search the temple as we said we would, but if we find nothing...
- Then there's nothing to worry about. Taehyung and Jungkook will just have disappeared, nothing more. »
A distinct nod of the head, and he left them to get back on the road, the sun already too high for his liking, if he stayed here too long then Yoongi knew the chances of returning soon were slim. He hurried to the path leading directly to the lake. He'd only have to walk a few kilometers to reach the blue beacon, then he'd have no trouble reaching his destination. The late autumn sun is cool against his white skin, and his feline gaze searches for the slightest hint on the now icy water. The color isn't the same as it was two months ago, as if something really dirty had fallen in. His little nose wrinkles, and he hears the strange sound of something falling into the water. It only lasts a fraction of a second but he can make out Jungkook's clothes, before a powerful blow knocks him to the ground.
« - Come on, wake up. »
The boiling hot water makes him react, squealing unflatteringly, his vision obstructed by the cloth against his eyes as he tries to move in vain. The strong bonds against his back hurt so much, they're so tight. The voice of the man in front of him is not unfamiliar, but he can't make out who he is. It's as if his body refuses to make the connection. All of Yoongi's senses seem to be awake as he tries to follow his assailant's movements.
« -You killed Jungkook.
- Oh, that's not even a question? I'm surprised by you. I didn't think you were that smart. Unfortunately, it's not true, I didn't do anything to him. He killed himself. Like a grown-up.
- To him?
- I can't say the same for his boyfriend and the two snooper. I'll go and take care of them once I'm done here. »
An icy feeling runs down his back, and Yoongi puts more heart into trying to free himself, his wrists aching as he moves like some kind of animal trapped in the hands of a dangerous predator. His heart beats loudly in his ears, as if trying to get out of them, and still he tries to remain as calm as possible. A rustling makes him go on the defensive and he lands a kick against the man, who retaliates with a nice punch, certainly breaking his nose.
« -I must say, I expected a little more smart from you. You disappoint me Yoongi, of all people, I thought you'd be the most annoying. When in the end, the main problem is that bitch. »
The blow to his stomach sends him rolling into a ball, his breath catching for a second in his chest before a hiccup passes his lips. He feels as if he's suffocating in pain as someone grabs his hair. The snide laugh makes him wince and he spits, hoping to hit his assailant.
« -You think you're free? You'll be hanged in the public square. Everyone will play with your corpse. No one will have mercy on a murderer like you.
- As if that would scare me. Death is a concept for mortals Yoongi. Not for gods. »
A touch of madness makes him doubt, and for a moment he's left breathing in the dust on the ground, before he's forced up with a firm hand, his heart racing as he's forced to sit on a chair, or something similar. He starts struggling again, like a wildcat, trying to break free from the claws of a much larger animal.
« - I'm glad you came here. I'll be honest with you, you were the thing that terrified me the most. Never alone, surrounded by everyone. How could I attack without anyone noticing? And then you came to me.
- You're completely ill. You won't get off that easy. When the others realize...
- Oh stop it, all these lost lambs doesn't care, they only care about their big lives and little ideologies. Nobody's gonna look down on me like that bitch does. I swear to God, she'll pay for her narcissism. What a wonderful scene to see her face when she discovers my masterpiece.
- Your masterpiece? You call that a masterpiece?!
- Oh, yes, I do. My best painting. You mark my words. She'll regret looking down on me. After all, it's not my fault. It's hers. If you have to curse someone, curse the chief's daughter. Without her, we wouldn't be here. »
Yoongi tries to understand, before the stabbing pain that makes him howl takes hold of him. His blood beads against his icy cheeks as the first rain's drop begin to fall on their entwined bodies. His tears of pain mingle with the blood, and he tries to stay awake as it throws him. He listens to the retreating man.
« -What are you doing? Where are you going?
- Not far little Yoongi. Don't be afraid. We're never alone in death. »
The first thunderclap suffocated him, and he tried to free himself again, moving his head to remove what had been forced into both his eyes. Then he heard the lightning crackle. Then the explosion of the storm in the distance, his body becoming a mere puppet.
-x-

The thunderstorm outside makes Taehyung wake up violently, moving his hands against his face, he looks around to put himself back in time. Outside, the rain bursts against the glass, and he can hear the city's horns, as well as see the lights dancing. Running a hand angrily through his hair, he looks at the shot of the hundred-year-old tree. The conifer seems to glare at him with its dull, empty gaze, and he throws the shot away. Falling limply back into bed. He catches his breath as best he can.
« -What's happening to me? Am I going crazy or something? Pull yourself together, Tae.. Take a breath. These are just dreams, nothing more. »
Yet he could still feel the crackle of lightning against his cheeks, as if he'd caught the storm himself that evening, in that terrifying forest.