Half A Person

It was a dark night, the wind was howling, the stars were shining bright. The streetlights had lit up hours ago, but Harry was only just returning to the dursleys.

Dinner had passed and the house was silent, eerily silent, all the lights were off and Harry could barely see two feet ahead of himself. He wondered where the dursley's had gone so quickly.

He looked at the clock as it struck twelve, it was officially his birthday. Sixteen what an age to be.

He couldn't bring himself to be happy, usually when his birthday hit he was ecstatic to go back to Hogwarts but this year was different.

Different because Umbridge was headmistress, after Dumbledore disappeared the ministry put her in charge and she changed everything special about the place he once called home.

The warmth Hogwarts once gave him was dimmed, Hagrid had been fired, Snape got colder as Umbridge's taunting got to him and there were a plethora of inessesary rules.

He feared to go back but he supposed it was better than the dursley's. He was looking forward to seeing his friends, though he did find it strange Hermione and Ron hadn't written once. He just hoped they were safe.

| Call me morbid call me pale |
|I've spent six years on your trail|

The train ride was long and boring, Hermione and Ron had ridden in the prefects section even though it wasn't required. He worried they were avoiding him, if they were he had no clue as to why.

Hogwarts looked the same but it did not feel the same, the atmosphere was cold and almost unwelcoming. As he walked into the grand Hall his shoulders slouched and uniform crinkled he searched for his friends though they had left no room for him to sit. He scanned for an available seat and found one by the end.

He sat down and was immediately swooned at by the girls sitting there. He had grown a lot over the summer, he'd been taller than ever and his hair had grown. He was sort of growing facial hair though he wasn't sure if he wanted to keep it, he was about to get some bread when there was a very familiar "hem hem" behind him.

Everyone at Gryfindor turned to look, some more discreet than others. He schooled his displeasure and turned around, he could not start this year off on a bad note "hullo Headmistress Umbridge '' she smiled at him, it looked forced and strained "Mr. Potter I would like to ask you up to the stage" confused Harry furrowed his brows "May I ask why?" He spoke as politely as he could muster, "Actually Mr. Potter I would rather it a surprise" at Harry's hesitation she smirked "Mr. Potter as your headmaster I would like you to know what I say goes" it was an obvious threat and Harry did not feel like dealing with it.

Despite his emotions boiling he smiled and stood "of course headmistress, I'll follow you up" he felt a sickening feeling in his stomach, he knew Umbridge was up to something.

There was a silence in the hall everybody was staring, he felt uneasy. "Hem hem... Attention students, this year I am officially the headmistress. As headmistress I've decided to have a resorting of the houses as I do not trust the process Dumbledore had." There were a lot of whispers, loud shouting, and protest but Umbridge just stood with that sickening smile. "Now Mr. Potter was unaware but my first choice of a resorting, since he is a very big figure I decided he would be a good role model for you all" All Harry could do was wince and uncomfortably shift around.

The scrutiny in some people's eyes died down though he could still feel all the stare's, he could figure them all out, if they were from pity or anger he'd gotten pretty good at telling. "Mr. Potter, Please sit in the chair" His steps were like a pin dropping in a silent room, he felt uneasy he knew this could go wrong in so many ways. There was never a year in Hogwarts where something did not go amiss for him.