1!

12pm january 13th 1985

it's only the 13th of the new year and already we're fighting. as per usual.

i slam my door hard before sliding down the wall next to my record player as my mother continues to scream through the door, before punching it and walking away. it's at this moment i realise i can't be fucked anymore and i need to leave.

as quietly as possible i start packing my trunk throwing any clean band tees and skirts into it. i roll my favourite posters up neatly and put them in the tote bag next to me before throwing my bags out my bedroom window. i scribble a note telling my mother that i'm going to stay at my cousins for a while until she's get her fucking emotions under control.

i climb out my window and into the garden grabbing my bags on the way throwing them in the back of my car and heading to the closest pay phone to call krist.

"hello this is krist" i hear him question after only the first ring "kirst, hey it's emmy... i know it's been a while but i have worlds biggest favour to ask worlds best cousin" i say nervously, he hums in response. "so say i drove out to aberdeen would you let me crash on your couch a while, moms lost it again" i say chuckling knowing he knows exactly how my mother gets. "are you fucking kidding emmy" he says with an exasperated sigh "just get here before dark". i thanks him quickly before hanging the phone back up and jogging straight to my car to begin the long journey ahead of me.

the drive from eastsound to aberdeen is a lengthy 5 hours but pulling into krists driveway at the end of the journey is worth it. i slowly get out of my car and awkwardly walk up to his front door. there's a faint hum of the tv sneaking underneath the door and before i knock i take a deep breath in. "EMMY, hold up i'll be there in a second" i laugh at his obvious excitement and wait for the inevitable rattle of the doorknob as he unlocks it.

the door flings open as he giant stature is right in my face engulfing me into a bear hug, "dude it's been forever" he says ruffling my hair and stepping back to get a proper look at me. the bags under my eyes have only darkened since i began my journey midday. "god get inside girl you look knackered" he says with a chuckle pulling me in.

i walk through the threshold of the door way and his place is exactly how i remember it, far to small for a man of krists size and exactly how you'd imagine a man to live if left to his own devices.

i throw my pack of cigarettes onto the coffee table and begin telling krist the entire backstory leading up the me standing at his front door at 7pm. met almost consistently with rolling eyes at every mention of my mom. after talking about myself for probably a little bit too long i finally get around to asking krist about what's happening in his life.

he subtly mentions he's in a band called fecal matter with another kid he went to school with and their friend dave, i cannot help myself but burst out laughing when i hear the name. he informs me that kurt their front man thinks it's 'punk' which in all honesty just makes me laugh harder.

he gets shitty with my response to his great news about fecal matter and decides it's time i get my shit out of my car and set up my new room.

as i'm bringing in my first bag and taking it up the steps he tells me that the band is coming over tonight for practice then probably drinks. i hum in his general direction so he knows i've heard him but just continue up the steps to my new room...

hi my darlings <3 i'm probably going to make dave their drummer now even tho it's not like accurate to the time frame just because going through like 10 drummers will be annoying lols but i really hope you all enjoy this and are as excited as me to see how this story goes !<3 love uu ~ E