𓆛𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚂𝚎𝚊𓆛

"Hey. Do you wonder if we are best friends in every star?"

"Hmmm. Yeah, I think we are best friends in every star M/n."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Botanical Garden - Temperate Zone
No PoV (shocker right?)

The birds chirped in the garden of the school. Students walked as they collected stuff for their class or just wanted to skip for a day.

Yet deep in the garden was a big circle of bushes that seemed to form a bushy wall. Yet a crystal wall was up too as in the middle laid a sleeping M/n. The humanoid android he met earlier today saw that M/n was tired, that he needed urgent rest and that they continued their conversation some other day but not before M/n asked for something which the young Shroud did not mind making a copy for before he left.

Now in the garden, a certain blond haired man was up a tree staring at the child intently.

M/n was on his back while his Chirithy was on his stomach. The blond man can recognize how similar M/n was to Leona in terms of sleeping. Even if he couldn't smell the child's lion scent he was fascinated.

He had heard the running joke of Savanaclaw that M/n was Leona's child. But he then heard his Queen calling for him. His little observation cut short as he went to his call.

The day went by as M/n slept. Rolling into the shade after the sun was a bit too hot for his liking. It wasn't long that the shield he made slowly disappeared after a while.

Leona sniffed the air as he caught a quick whiff of cub scent. He looked around and found M/n sleeping. He looked at the clearing and saw how perfect the spot was for a nap. A tall barrier, perfect sun alignment, and shade.

He laid down next to M/n. Closing his eyes to enjoy an afternoon nap after Ruggie was pestering him all day about school and "disappointing" M/n. He didn't understand why he should worry about what the little cub wanted. Yes he technically did promise but not like the cub was even on him.

He opened his eyes to stare at the cub. He could see how alert yet relaxed the child was. As if he was scared of something but was doing his best to be calm. For some reason it made Leona think about his own nephew. Despite the age difference and race and technically worlds they pestered Leona one way or another.

But M/n was sadder. Remembering how upset the cub was the night prior and knowing that he didn't sleep at all later on. He didn't know why but seeing the cub away from the frosh, the Heartslaybul freshman and that nagging cat made him suspect something had happened. It also nagged him on how he felt that he should give a bit of comfort for the cub.

Slowly he moved M/n to sleep at his side. Of course M/n woke up but seeing Leona made him relax and slowly go back to sleep. Leona just sighed at himself as he closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep.

Chirithy did not sleep. They didn't need or can so they only faked to be asleep as they watched over their owner. Keeping alert on Vanitas but finally able to be less alert now that Leona was here.

From the years he watched over M/n they noticed how much they have changed now. They were a bit more violent and now are reacting more hostile when called weak. They wanted to know why M/n was like this but it was obvious. He was alone. No one in this world knows what he has done nor will ever know.

Even then it might have been more about Sora. His fading away made M/n crushed and Terra outright saying that he accidentally helped Xehanort kill Eraqus was too much.

They could remember how much crying M/n was doing. Shaking and crying as he yelled at Terra. But he knew what really landed the final nail of the coffin.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flashback