Chapter 12: The source of his joy, the center of her world...the ruling!

Jaxon Spencer vs. Catherine 'Kate' Stevens

Pix: Kate & Jax

Video: When You Tell Me That You Love Me by Westlife & Diana Ross

Dedicated to: Everyone! Happy Valentine's Day

Cheers!

***

Alpha Ronan twirled a squealing Paige around as if she weighed nothing. Everyone around looked on and laughed at the sight. It wasn't every day one got to see the badass Paige being treated like a delicate lady.

"Put me down, Ronan," Paige demanded, laughing uncontrollably.

"Don't, Ronan," Stan yelled, to more laughter from the others.

"Pray he never does, Stanislav," Paige shouted at Stan through her laughter.

When she was eventually placed on her feet, she felt too dizzy to move, which didn't surprise the alpha. He hugged her as they both laughed.

"I know what you came here to do, ma chère," Ronan chuckled. As soon as he'd spotted Paige in the resort where the conference was ongoing, he knew she'd heard his disgraceful story and had come to tease. "Don't."

"Ma chère?" Paige chuckled. "What are you now? French? Sounded accurate too."

"When in Rome..."

"Hmm, you're in France, so some French should do, huh?" Paige looked up at the alpha with a teasing glint in her eyes. "But how could you allow a slip of a girl to..." The alpha cut her off with a kiss. Some of the werewolves around laughed, while others whistled. The alpha and Paige had always had banter that was fun to watch.

"I told you not to," he breathed when he lifted his head.

"Thank your stars my mate isn't around," Paige chuckled. "She would have kicked you in the nuts." She linked an arm through Ronan's and started for the restaurant.

"And she has a mean witchy kick too," Stan muttered beside them.

"Tell him," Paige laughed.

"Your mate is a frigging witch?" Ronan gasped.

"Shocking right?" Paige grinned.

"Too bad you can't turn her," Ronan grunted. A female werewolf could only turn someone if she was an alpha. Paige wasn't an alpha and could therefore not turn her mate. She could, however, ask someone she trusts to do it on her behalf. "Will you allow someone to do it, or you want to leave it?"

"Know what? It never came up." She shrugged. "Amber loves being a witch and nothing more, so we left it."

"Once y'all are happy, it's cool."

"We're very happy." Paige nodded. "Fuck, I'm famished," she announced. "What do you think will be served for lunch?"

"No matter what is served, get ready to have a foodgasm," Stan said. "The cuisine here is unbelievable."

"Great!" Paige's eyes lit up in anticipation. "Is Will on his way?"

"He will join us," Stan responded. "He should be here by the time you're done saying hello to the others."

"Good, I've missed him."

**

That evening, Paige, Stan, and Will relaxed on the beach at the resort, relishing the serene atmosphere and the soothing sounds of the waves while enjoying a plateau du frits de mer and some drinks. A plateau du frits de mer, which was French for shellfish platter, was a scrumptious seafood dish composed of scallops, shrimp, oysters, snails, clams, crab, mussels, lobsters, and calamari. It was served with condiments such as mignonette sauce, cocktail sauce, and lemon. The accompanying French fries, with its crunchy exterior and light, fluffy interior, was simply divine. The three werewolves from Stanwood Pack were having a great time.