𝘩𝘰𝘨𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦

A/N
dedicated to altsunsworld
no trigger warnings for this chapter! it's just a silly one of boys being boys.
——————————————————

"You ready for the first Hogsmeade trip of the year, mate?" Blaise clapped him down onto Draco's shoulder, who was sitting at his desk reading a book. "We've got to leave in a few minutes."

"Yeah," Draco flipped the page, scanning the words. "Let me finish the chapter quickly."

"Wait, he's reading?" Lorenzo raised an eyebrow at Blaise, who shrugged nonchalantly.

Mattheo pulled his leather jacket over his shoulders, slipping on his black trainers. "I didn't know Draco could read."

"Very funny." He rolled his eyes and sneered over his shoulder, closing the book dramatically. "I believe I'm far more literate than all of you."

Theodore scoffed, sat on the edge of his bed, lacing up his boots. "I'm sure you are."

The boys continued getting themselves ready to go to Hogsmeade before they had to meet their year's group out by the castle's gate. Mattheo was ready first, he leaned against the door of their dorm and waited, his eyes finding Theodore. He tried to not make it obvious that he was watching his friend, but he couldn't help himself. It had only been a week or so since he had found Theodore unable to breathe at the top of the astronomy tower. Mattheo had kept a close watch on him since that night. It was an odd feeling, Mattheo knew Theodore wouldn't want his pity and Mattheo didn't pity him. He was just... Worried. About his friend.

Theodore tried not to pay attention to Mattheo's gaze as he pulled his black turtleneck over his head. He wasn't daft. He had picked up on the fact that his friend was keeping an eye on him and while he didn't think he needed that, it still felt nice to know someone was watching out for him. He looked over his shoulder as he grabbed his jacket and nodded his head at Mattheo, who gave him a small unnoticeable smile in response.

The other three boys finished getting themselves ready and eventually, all five boys left their dorm and walked out to meet the rest of the students in their year who were headed to Hogsmeade. They took their place with the group, standing in the sea of students. As they began walking, Lorenzo accidentally bumped into a girl.

"Shit, I'm sorry." He said, quickly backing out of her personal space.

She turned back to look at him, pushing her wavy brunette hair out of her eyes. "No, it's okay." Her voice was sweet and soft, and Lorenzo noticed her ravenclaw scarf. "Don't worry about it." The girl smiled quickly before turning back to her group of friends, linking her arm with a blonde girl and walking away.

Lorenzo stood there a moment before he shook his head slightly and caught up to his friends, taking his spot walking next to Mattheo back. "What was that about?" Mattheo raised an eyebrow, his hands in his jacket pockets as he walked.

"Nothing, I ran into her is all."

"Right then."

Once the group of students got to Hogsmeade, they got instructions from the professor to meet back at the bridge at four so they could head back to the castle for dinner and then they were on their own. The group of boys wandered around, taking in various sights and buying the occasional trinket from the shops around.

It was quite a beautiful scene. There was a light dusting of snow that covered the village and more flurries falling from the sky. The overcast of the clouds seemed to make the streetlamps and the lights on the inside of the shops look warmer, like they were glowing in the winter weather. It was quite a cozy day to be in Hogsmeade.