~

My sleep was interrupted by the relentless stream of notifications.

Annoyed, I tried muffling the sound by burying my head beneath the pillow I was hugging. I tried returning to my dream, where we made up after two weeks of not talking, I sighed and rolled onto my back, stretching out my arms and legs.

"Today's the day, huh," I murmured to myself.

Gathering my thoughts, I sat up and reached my phone to check the flood of notifications. Most of them centered around the 14th of February; The infamous day of lovers. After clearing them all, I opened my group chat where the discussions had shifted from 'Galentines Day' to plans with newfound dates.

"After being bombarded with all their hype about Galentine's Day, they're just ditching me."

Jisoo
You guys have been going on about this
from weeks ago and now that you guys
have magically found some date you're
ditching me. Ya all are traitors!

Jen
Ji, they asked us out a few days back, and
we decided to give it a shot since they were
cute. Lol

Lisa
Fr, you should've seen them. Plus they're
hot too.*drools*

Rosé
I don't think that's important rn, Lisa.
Unnie, we've been trying to adjust our date so
we can still do our gal night instead of day.

Lisa
It is important and it should be
discussed cause HOW
IN THE WORLD IS THAT COMBO
POSSIBLE!!

Jisoo
Forget it, you guys.
Enjoy, I hope you get
an upset stomach
afterward. Btw Lili,
send me the
photos of the said
cuties. *wink*

I turned off her phone and sighed. I've been sighing a lot today. Contemplating my options for the day, I settled on a movie marathon.

Making her way to the kitchen, she prepared her breakfast and made sure to feed Dalgom. As she planned her movie night, she initially thought about heading to the store for snacks but later decided to order food instead.

I turned off the lights, arranged food on the table, fluffed up the cushions on the couch, and wrapped myself in a cozy blanket. Then, I pressed play and settled in to watch the movie.

Just as the movie reached its climax, a text from Lisa interrupted the scene, urging me to join them at the restaurant where they were having their double dates. "They were going on double dates!" 

About to remind them about my boyfriend, Taehyung, with whom I hadn't spoken in about two weeks after our argument, I paused.

"Maybe they just need me to balance out the numbers," I thought, quickly getting up to change into more suitable attire.

"Perhaps they still feel guilty about leaving me alone," I considered with a faint smile as I fastened my black Cartier watch, a couple's watch I had purchased for both Taehyung and myself last Valentine's.

"Or maybe they got stood up," I speculated, pulling a grey sweater over my black v-neck shirt. Grabbing my keys from the kitchen counter, I headed out, closing the door behind me.

As I stepped out of the building, a gentle but slightly chilly breeze brushed against my face. It was cold, but nothing a sweater couldn't handle. Hailing a cab, I made my way to the restaurant.

After paying the taxi fare, I stepped out onto the street. It was adorned with Valentine's Day decorations, exuding an atmosphere of romance. Surrounded by happy couples, I couldn't help but miss Tae even more. Unlocking my phone, I hoped to find a message from him, but there was nothing.

"Should I message him first?" I pondered, but quickly pushed the thought aside. Entering the restaurant, I was greeted by the enticing aroma of delicious food mingled with the scent of red wine. The ambiance was vintage, with cream-white ceilings adorned with intricate designs and wooden rectangular book shelves that extended from cieling to the floor. 

"It doesn't matter why they called me here," I thought to myself. "All I know is that I'm excited to dine in this beautiful restaurant."

Lost in my thoughts, I was interrupted by a waiter who inquired about my reservations. Remembering that Lisa had mentioned the reservation would be under her name, I informed the waiter accordingly. Following his lead, I followed him to my table, expecting to find my friends already seated. However, to my surprise, the table was empty.

Utterly confused, I questioned the waiter about the whereabouts of my friends. He calmly explained that the reservation was made for two people and I was the first to arrive. Thanking him, I watched as he excused himself and went about his duties. Pulling out my phone, I quickly texted Lisa.

As I waited for Lisa's reply, I ordered water for myself, mentally preparing to dine alone if need be. After all, getting a reservation at this restaurant, especially on Valentine's Day, seemed like no easy feat. With no response from Lisa or the other girls, I picked up the menu to place my order.

Skimming through the offerings while the band played jazz in the corner, I halted upon hearing my name. The lively jazz music ceased, and even the chatter and clinking of utensils seemed to fade into silence. My gaze darted up, instinctively drawn to the source of the interruption, and there he was. Taehyung stood there in a light brown suit, complemented by a cream-white dress shirt and a dark brown tie. His familiar face, one I loved and missed dearly, beamed at me with his oh-so-lovable smile.

☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

As I was not able to update both of my stories, I decided to write a one-shot, now it's two-shot

And yes it was supposed to be uploaded on 14th Feb. But that's not very like me, so here it is.

Hope you guys like it do share your thoughts and i would love your suggestions for the next chapter.

Toddles!