thirteen

*.*.*
📍SHIELD SHIP
2012
════ ✣✤✣ ════

Pain, was all she was able to feel.

In her senses and in her body.

Her eyelids were impossibly heavy as she forced them open, lolling her head to the side.

In her hazy vision, she could make out a head full of fiery red hair and muffled sounds of growling.

As the head turns, her vision began to clear up slightly and she was able to see the urgent worry on Natasha's face.

She was screaming something at her and waving her hand vehemently around, seemingly beckoning her to run but her entire body felt underwater.

Her eyes landed on the figure behind her, the figure that was growing green in muscle — the figure that was transforming into a mindless beast.

The beast rises from its kneeled down position and began to clamber away and with each vibrational thud, he grew and grew.

The spike of adrenaline from seeing this cleared the ringing in her ears and replaced the ache in her body with strength.

"Get out of here!" Natasha urgently shouted at her, this time she was able to hear the uncharacteristic fear in her tone.

"Not without you." she fired right back as she leapt up onto her feet.

She bent down and grabbed at the redhead's arms before using all of the strength that she could muster to yank her with a grunt.

Within a few seconds, the spy was freed from the debris that she was trapped under and quickly made it onto her feet.

The two women turned around to look in the distance at the Hulk in all of his glory.

The clothing that Banner once wore was ripped apart, he was only left with shredded dress pants that were now leveled down to stringy shorts.

The Hulk's head slowly turns to the side, looking over his shoulder menacingly at the two.

Natasha then shoved Cosima towards the nearby staircase. "Run."

At her demand, the Hulk seemed to have followed along as well.

Natasha purposely pushed the younger girl in front of her so that there was space between her and the green monster, the space being herself.

Cosima runs up the metal staircase, skipping a few steps in the process.

When she makes it all the way to the top, the staircase is ripped from underneath herself which made her search quickly for Natasha.

The Widow was already ten steps ahead and had saved herself by propelling her body onto the railing of the balcony bit of the supply room, rolling onto the second level.

Natasha quickly grabbed for Cosima again and shoved her harshly in front of her as they continued to sprint.

Pieces of the facility were ripped away by large hands behind them, fingers grabbing for their legs.