Chapter 3: Leaving

Abhimanyu had been having a horrible day. First he had to leave his wife, who was hurting and needed him right now, to do an important surgery. Being a doctor also meant having to not have time to yourself or your family when they needed you, unfortunately. Then, upon arriving at the hospital, he found out that the surgery had just recently been canceled and he actually didn't need to be at the hospital today.

Abhi had just left his wife in an atmosphere where everyone was a ticking time bomb and no one knew when someone was going to burst. In such a toxic atmosphere, his Akshu, his Jaan, was all alone with barely anyone there to support her. All just to do his duty as a doctor, and just to find out he wasn't even needed today.

Abhimanyu would have left Akshara at the Goenka's, but right now the Goenkas were also focused on Aarohi, and he didn't want them to accidentally guilt trip Akshara or make her feel at fault. Sometimes, Abhi feels that the Goenkas have a PhD in cluelessly making Akshara feel bad. Most of the time it wasn't even their intention to hurt her, but they did make her feel bad. Besides, they might decide to visit the Birla house, which would bring unwanted attention to Akshara if they brought her with her, or would leave her all alone in her grief in such a large house, which wasn't a good idea either.

Thus, on Akshara's insistence and his helplessness, Abhi had left his Akshu at home and gone to do the surgery, only to find that it had been canceled. If only they had told him that earlier. Who knows if Akshara had even rested and eaten properly.

Last night, Akshara and Abhimanyu had cried themselves to sleep while hugging each other, offering comfort with their presence. There had been so many words that they wanted to say, but they had left them unsaid and just found comfort in each other's presence.

Abhi had said one thing, and that was that if anyone said baseless and hurtful words to Akshu, then she should answer back and speak up. Akshara had said that everyone just needs time and that grief and anger was causing them to spew hurtful words, and she would not let them affect her.

However, upon getting home, it seemed that Akshara had not spoken up. Manjiri was saying that Abhimanyu's life was filled with sadness since Akshara arrived and how detrimental she was for Abhimanyu, and Aarohi was throwing around blame for Neil's death, spewing hatred, and talking about her child hating Akshara.

The others in the house were saying nothing, namely Mahima, Parth, Anand, and Nistha, as Harsh wasn't at home as he had been at the hospital for an important meeting nor was Shefali. They were just silently witnessing the scene. Abhimanyu had finally had enough with his family and their weird dynamics. Rather than trying to help each other, they were constantly hurting each other and looking out for their selfish interests.

"Is Abhi really...... because of me..." Abhimanyu heard Akshara trail off, igniting the anger Abhimanyu had been trying to suppress for a while, all at his family members.

Just listening to Akshara beginning to doubt how good her presence was in Abhimanyu's life, Abhimanyu's heart broke. How dare his family members make Akshara feel that way! Abhi immediately entered the house. How could anyone say that Akshu's presence was bad for him? Infact, Akshara's presence made Abhi a better person, someone who actually tried to control his anger outbursts and listened and spent time with others.