Anklets...

"Ishu beta! See what I brought you-"
"Wha- WAAH, ANKLETS? THANKS DAD!!!" shrieked Ishan, when he got such a beautiful present. He hugged his dad tightly out of excitement.

"Let me see, how they look on my lado, hah?" To which Ishan quickly took the pair in his hands and wore them. He giggled loudly and went all the way through the hall wearing his mother's anklets, jingling them. While his dad just looked at his son fondly.

To the introduction of the duo, one is a father while  another is his dear son. They both lived almost all of their lives alone in their little world. It was because Ishan's mother passed away while giving birth to him.

If it were anyone else, he'd have hated their child for taking their beloved away. But Ishan's Father thought of Ishan as the last fragment left of his wife. That's why he cherished Ishan so much, that even when he came out to him, he gladly accepted him and fulfilled all his interests.

While Ishan is also very considerate of his father and likes to help him with work. His father cooks and he serves it in plates, his father washes clothes and dishes while he plants seeds in their garden and cleans the house. It was all going nice and fine. Until they decided to rent out a part of their residence to an unknown person, with no info about him. All they wanted was to earn a bit more, while the person wanted a place to stay. So why not?

_____________________________

It's been a week and the newly met tenant barely came out during the day and he looked quite young, despite being in his thirties, as he had told.  Ishan noticed the tenant having utterly sharp canines whenever he opened his mouth to eat dinner. They all have their dinner together, however, the new dude didn't like seasoned food and ate bland food without any garlics.

Ishan being fond of reading fictions, could not control his urge to ask, "Shub, Are you a Vampire?" to which Shubman coughed unintentionally and Ishan's Father quickly handed him a glass of water. Ishan caressed his back in a way to sooth his cough.
"No- um, I meant your spirit beast, like your habits are just like that of a vamp?" Shubman kept the glass of water back on the table.
"Ha-ah yeah, you just asked so suddenly, I mean, vamps do not exist in reality, right?" Replied Shubman, questioning Ishan back.
"Yeah, it's fictional but-"
"Ishu beta, no buts. Let's just finish dinner and you two can continue your talks later on."
"Ohkay dad!" Said Ishan pouting to which both his dad and Shub chuckled fondly.

_____________________________

"Hey Shubi, tell me what do you do for a living?" Asked Ishan, when he saw Shubman deeply immersed in his work on the laptop. They both had great compatibility and comprehension. Ishan's Father also liked Shubman, and lowkey shipped them both. He was at ease that Ishan wasn't  alone now at home whenever he was off to work.

"I am a freelancer. I find work whenever I wish to, but mostly I take editing projects." Replied Shubman, taking his gaze off from the screen infront to Ishan.
"Wow! So cool, you know I always wanted to be something like an editor or colorist." Said Ishan his eyes sparkling with joy.
"You can now too. I mean, I can teach if you want-" said Shubman scratching the back of this neck, with an awkward dimple smile.

"REALLY? OWW THANKS SHUBI, YOU'RE THE BEST!!!" He jumped on Shubman, tackling him in a tight hug. The latter just chuckled and reciprocated the hug. But he heard a noise irritating his ears. "Huh!" Gasped Shub when he heard the jingling of Ishan's anklets.

Though he had heard it before, but it wasn't as annoying as now. His head started spinning with the loud noise of the anklets. He started breathing heavily and Ishan upon noticing it all, asked if everything was alright.

"Uh, yeah just a mild irritation in my ears, I don't know why?" Replied Shubman, questioning himself if it really were the anklets jingling that irritated him. If it really was the case, then why didn't he had such issue before. "Oh ohkay!"

_____________________________

It was a perfectly moonlit night. Shubman was on the phone talking to someone, "I don't know too. That sound irritated the hell out of me and I couldn't think straight for a moment. It a felt like deja vu-"
"The anklets may be a cause. Have you ever seen the design of them, like you felt if you've seen them before?" Said the other voice in a monotone.

"And how am I even gonna remember all the things from the past thousands of years???" Snapped Shub at the unknown.
"But atleast you could send me a picture of them? So I can analyse the facts and figures!"

"I'll try to, and also my food storage is at a brink, send me some real fresh food this time!" Demanded Shubman.
"This isn't a easy time for us too, but I'll try sending the food-" with that the call was cut off and Shubman went to the dining room to have dinner.

_____________________________

Half a month passed like that, and there's still no sign of food for Shubman from the unknown. He was literally starving and was gonna lose control any moment now. Moreover, the anklets jingling made him about to lose his control too. He wouldn't tell Ishan to take them off with his reasons as the anklets were really precious to Ishan.

It was dark night, and Ishan had come to take his shubi to the dining table. He found Shub's phone ringing and decided to pick it up. Shubman usually didn't mind Ishan picking up the calls for him. Before Ishan could utter a word about Shubman being in the bathroom, the person on the other line spoke, "Shubman, get away from that anklets wearing person as soon as possible, it's dangerous for your health- I mean, the anklets are dangerous, those are the-"
Then Ishan heard Shubman, coming out of the shower, dressed in a tee and shorts with a towel resting on his head for drying his hair.

He initially smiled seeing Ishan, but the smile soon faded when he saw the horrified expression on his face and finally listening to what the man on the phone said "anklets of the Queen that barricaded us from entering the human world, ages ago. Stay away from all this and do not forget to drink all of the blood I sent when it reaches you, it's already about a month since you last-" with this Shubman snatched the phone from Ishan's hands and cut the call as soon as possible.

_____________________________

This one's short and it'll take just an another chapter to be completed.
Bye-bye sweets👽✨