➷Chapter 1

~🐚🔥~

"I don't know what it is like to not have deep emotions, Even when I feel nothing, I feel it completely."

-Sylvia Plath

Timeline:75ADD

The Sun was setting and the anticipation of the announcement of the quarter quell sent the entirety of Panem into chaos and fear. Like every year, Terrified District Citizens prayed for the well-being of the children of their district this year. Parents hoped that their children would not get picked out to play the game of life and death. On the other hand, the Capitol citizens popped champagne bottles in anticipation of the biggest event of the year. They gossiped about the daily "hardships" that they suffered and their stubborn District scum servants who Disobeyed them while wearing the most exquisite jewels and expensive silks.

The victors, however, were in a different state of mind. Some dreaded the thought of training another set of children doomed to die, while others drowned their sorrows in alcohol, trying to numb the memories of their past. Some drank in anticipation of watching another year of the Games that had once brought them glory, while others yearned for the retribution they felt they deserved. Theia fell into the latter category.

The Victor's Village in District 3 stood as a testament to the district's technological prowess. Each house was a showcase of technological innovation, modified to suit the tastes of its victor. Among these, the largest and most impressive was the home of Panem's beloved victor, Theia Rosie Pierce, known far and wide as the "Phoenix." Despite its grandeur, Theia's house appeared modest compared to the others in the village, yet it held a secret.

Beneath the seemingly untouched exterior lay a hidden underground room, more secure than even President Snow's Mansion. This clandestine space served as a base for the District 3 rebels.

The rebels in District 3 constituted one of the most formidable sects of the rebel militia, led by the charismatic Ajax Nolan. Under his guidance, the rebel faction had successfully recruited a growing number of sympathizers and had helped to establish rebel sects in other districts. However, the rebellion truly gained momentum with the arrival of a key player who, having emerged victorious from the Games, ignited the flames of dissent.