𝙾𝙽𝙴𝚂𝙷𝙾𝚃

Silence filled the hall. What seemed to be chatters turned into almost unnoticeable whispers. On this very much faithful day, an unexpected alliance was formed between the Peacock Kingdom and Lion Kingdom.

I, Princess Radha Aashi Kavya was about to marry my sworn enemy, Prince Lashven Krishav. Just about two weeks ago, we were at each other's throats. Now, he kneels before my father with a cold impression to ask for my hand-in-marriage.

I fumbled with the silver dagger in my hand. Confused on whether I should aim for his head or his heart. Knowing there wouldn't be much action if I had aimed for either one of those, I went for his exposed neck. Not to my surprise, the dagger didn't even leave a scratch as he had caught it a second too early.

There goes my fun.

He then swiftly looked in my direction and grinned. "Daring to kill your husband so soon, iridescent?".

"It is Radha to you. And yes, I do. It is a shame that not even a slight amount of bruise was left on you. Would've been more entertaining, don't you think?".

It was a test.

A test to see if he who has brown eyes, black slicked-back hair with orange highlights and is 6'2 with the most mesmerizing lion bod would risk it all for me and me only.

He then fumbled with the dagger the same way I did. A smile formed on his face before he scarred his left eye, turning his once dull-coloured eye to a completely lifeless one. However, his smile remained unfazed.

Hm, impressive.

"Entertaining enough for you, princess?". He later kept the used dagger in his pocket.

I wanted him to fail so badly. Not because he isn't my ideal husband type. No, that'll be too petty of me. It is because I am not one for keeps.

Sooner or later, he'll figure it out and it's either going to be the most heart-wrenching feeling or the happiest day of his life. I'd much prefer it if he were happy. Only then, I could leave with no regrets or whatsoever.

"Yes, you're enough for me".

👑👑👑

Lashven's POV

The marriage will be set in two days and here I have my bride-to-be right before me in her beautiful golden lace dress that I picked out for her. It was an etiquette in my kingdom for the royal wives to wear something their husbands desire and seduce them. The catch is the husbands cannot touch their wives until marriage.

A torture for the groom but a delight for the bride.

Radha is said to be the most beautiful peacock alive because she's the only peacock to be covered in gold but I have never noticed it up until now. It is my fault for not looking at her this way earlier. All this while, I've only seen her as a brutal machine to fight but now, I'm ready to become that same brutal machine to fight for her.

Who would've thought that her blue-greenish mixed with a hint of gold eyes, luscious black hair, light brown hair and 5'6 self with more hints of gold shimmering on her feathers would put me in a daze?

"I think I fell in love".

"Loving me is like making a death wish".

She then held up her hand and covered my scarred eye. I was the only one who truly knew about her golden touch because she was comfortable enough to say so. A power she gained from the gold she was born with. She can either heal the ill or make one feel lust for her or do both at the same time.

In my case, she does both each time I'm hurt after our constant kingdom wars. She has also told me before that the gold flows through her veins but she never really explained to me what it can do and it still remains a mystery to me till this day. But I will not behead her for that like I'm supposed to. A silly rule made in the Lion Kingdom just to maintain our wives honesty. I will wait until she trusts me enough.