History of Derry

Standing atop a cliff, stripped down to their underwear, five boys were having a competition to see who could spit the farthest while the only girl sat back and watched in disgust.

"You know we have to swim in there?" She called, only to be ignored as the boys kept bickering.

Richie cheered as the group watched Eddie's loogie hit the floor by his feet, "Oh, my god, that was terrible. I win."

"You won?" Eddie asked, genuinely confused.

"Yeah."

"Did you see my loogie?"

"That went the farthest! It's by distance."

"Mass. It's always been mass."

"Wha-What is mass?"

"Who cares how far it goes? It matters how cool it looks; like it's green or it's white or juicy and fat."

Beverly hopped off her bike, and walked out of the trees, smiling at the brunette girl. Because of their bickering, the group hadn't heard the girl appear.

"Hey, Nicole."

"Hey, Beverly."

The redhead looked at the boys, who still had their backs to the girls, "What are they doing?"

"Being boys. None of them wants to jump first."

"Why don't we show them how it's done?" She smirked, kicking off her shoes.

"I like the way you think, Red."

While Nicole dusted herself off, Beverly slipped out of her dress before grabbing the brunette's hand and facing the boys, just as Bill interrupted the arguing, "Alright. Who's first?

"We'll go!" Beverly called before she and Nicole ran toward the cliff, the group of boys parting like the red sea in shock. "Sissies."

"What the fuck!" Richie yelled as both girls jumped off the cliff, hand in hand, splashing into the water below.

Breaking the surface, the pair looked up at the cliff, the boys still staring in shock, "Come on!"

"You're already losers, don't add pussies to the list too!" Nicole laughed, high-fiving Beverly as, one by one, the boys jumped.

The rest of the afternoon was spent splashing around with the occasional chicken fight that Bill and Nicole won, earning very loud protests from Richie, who swore up and down that the pair cheated.

"Ah, fuck! What was that?" Richie yelled, looking down at the water, "Something just touched my foot right here."

Everyone was quick to swim over, dipping their heads underwater to find what their friend was yelling about.

"Right here, right here!"

"It's a turtle," Bill said, pushing back his wet hair before noticing the absence of one of the losers.

"Hey, where's-"

Suddenly, Richie shrieked before disappearing below the surface only to reappear, joined by a hysterical brunette girl.

"That was fucking hilarious! Who knew you had such a girly scream, Trash-mouth?"

"Oh, you bitch! I can't believe you just did that! Come here!" The boy yelled back and quickly lifted the girl out of the water before throwing her back in and splashing her.

The pair continued to fight as the other losers watched on, laughing, all except two who, despite their smiles, held a burning envy in their eyes.

♪This here's a jam for all the fellas♪