Rising Tide

"hey, kid. Wake up!" That's the first thing I heard before I realized I was no longer in my basement at home. The man in the what seemed like a police uniform pulled me to my feet and steered me away. I was barely managing to stay on my feet and he kept yanking me forward. Where am I? what's going on? I tried asking these questions but was feeling too weak to even speak. Finally regaining my footing I tried to pull away but finally looked up instead and what I saw left me without words. My house, my own home was gone. Not as in it disappeared but it was on fire. Burning down to the ground. I couldn't make any sense of it. I tried to remember what happened but the last thing I heard was someone breaking in upstairs and when I tried investigating. I don't remember what happened after that. "Kid can you hear me?" The police looking guy again. "You're going to be alright. The danger is passed now." I still didn't know what was going on and he must have seen it on my face because he said. "We are on your side kid. We want to know the truth just as much as you do." That was even less than helpful and only left me with even more questions. Who are these people? Why are they dressing me away? Who destroyed my house? I tried pulling away once more but his grip was way too strong. I thought this is it. These guys are going to kidnap me and kill me. I was starting to lose hope when suddenly an explosion behind us coming from my house again sent us against the wall of the back neighbors. The fire was so bright it allowed me to see we were just outside my house in the back alley. The cop guy seemed to land wrong and looked dead. The rest of the people dressed like him were all scattered around too. They all looked like they were dead while I had landed on some boxes the crazy old man that lived behind us always left there. Now I was thankful for them. I was way too tired to even get scared anymore and began trying to get away. Somehow I managed to summon all the strength I had left and got up. I began walking while leaning against the wall. My first thought was to just get as far away from here as possible but before I got too far even more men uniform began surrounding the whole block in front of me. These guys were wearing different clothing and almost looked like something out of a superhero comic with the insignia and everything. I had no idea what was going on but I tried to run the other way but when I did a tall man was already behind me. "I need you to come with me." Before I even got to react I felt a sharp needle and then everything went black. I woke up again feeling confused and with an even bigger headache than before but feeling much better. I quickly realized we were in some sort of vehicle. "Hey, he's awake. Should I give him another tranquilizer?" I tried getting up but I was strapped to a one of those moving hospital beds. "Am I in ambulance?" I managed to say in a really weak voice. I heard some more voices whispering about and whatever we were on hit a bump or something and shook the whole bed. "Be more careful, he's still hurt." Said the tall man again bending down over me. His voice was deep and almost sounded like Darth Vader except much deeper than that. He had blonde hair with blue eyes and had a scar on his cheek. "My name is Pegasus." He said as I tried readjusting myself. "Try not to move around too much. You're still weak." He pushed me back down. Where are we? I tried asking but all I chocked out was a half slurred "where" He got up and sat across from the bed. "We are on an armored vehicle transporting you to a safe location." This time I cleared my voice and swallowed a little saliva and spoke "who are you? Why are..?" I was interrupted by a lady dressed like a nurse. "He really shouldn't be talking. He needs to preserve his energy." First thing I noticed about her was that even though I couldn't see her whole face she somehow seemed familiar. Like I had seen her eyes somewhere else before a long time ago. As I was thinking this to myself she looked right at me and when our eyes locked she seemed to know who I was too.