Chapter 2

Amal's POV

After spending some time with Sam now i am going home . ' oh noo its already dark, Magrib Azaan bhi hogai ab mein kya karun (It's already dark, and the Maghrib call to prayer has sounded. What should I do now?) at least i have to reach home before 7:00 clock'. with this thought i got down from the bus. And started walking with hastily, as i reached near the empty area i can hear some men laughing out loud. My heart beat started increasing, sense of fear started intensifying. I started doing my zikr. Hoping they would not notice me .with that i increased the pace of walking.

But luck was not on my side . As i heard one of the men calling me , i just took a glimpse of them .holding a bottle of wiskey in his hand as others were also drinking and smoking he said " hey Ladki kaha jarahi hoo akeli-akeli, zara idhar bhi toh awo Ham bhi sath mein maze karenge" ("Hey, where are you going alone? Come over here; let's have some fun together.")i cringed at his statement and started running. I heard them laughing. But i dint stop i heard screeching of tyres , and them calling me with cringe names . The tears started streaming down my face lips started to wobble .

My heart raced as their jeep suddenly appeared before me, causing me to stumble. Due to fall my knee got scraches With lots of difficulty i stood up and started running the opposite direction. But they ran behind my back and took hold of my shawl 'i put down everything and removed my shawl and tried to run another man took hold of my hand and said " janeman kidar bhaag rahi hon, zara hum bhi tho dekhe hamari jaal mein phasi hui chidiyan ko" ("Sweetheart, where are you running off to? Let us also see the birds trapped in our net.")i kneeled down in front of them as they were standing in circles.

"Please mujhe jaane doh mere paas jithna bhi paisa jewellery hai sab lelo please mujha jaane do" ("Please let me go. Take all the money and jewelry I have. Please let me go.")i begged them with tears streaming down my face " hamari paas sub hai baby doll bus thumari kami thi"("We have everything, baby doll, you were the only thing missing."), 1of 5 men said my whole body started trembling with his words . " chup hoke ghadi mein betogi tho hum sab thumhe pleasure ki duniya le chalenge"("Stay quiet and sit in the car; we'll take you to the world of pleasure.") i started crying more .

"Please chod do mujhe please mein per pakadthi hun chod do" ("Please let me go, I beg you. I'll scream for help; please let me go.")they all started laughing i took handful of sand and threw into their eyes as they all started screaming. I took the chance and started tried running fast due to knee injury i fell down . As of them got me took hold of my hand .the head of group came forward and gripped my chin forcefully i started trashing in thier hold. Echo of hard slap can be heard as my face was turned to the right with the intensity of slap. I could sense blood trickling from my lips.

" ghadi mein dalre iss ladki ko, aur ham thumhe esi sabak sikhayenge thum apni zindgi mein kabhi nahi boologi"("Put her in the car, and we'll teach you a lesson you'll never forget in your life.") said the leader. I lost the hope still trying to resist going with them. As they were about to make sit on the jeep we heard a car horn blaring loudly. We turned back and saw a man got down from the car and started advancing towards us with big stides.
I heard leader threatening him " kon ho thum ? Yaha kya kar rahe ho? Niklo yaha se warna accha nahi hoga" ("Who are you? What are you doing here? Leave this place, or it won't end well for you.") i heard him scoffing " thum yeh ladki chod do warna thum sabko accha nahi hoga" ("Let go of this girl, or things won't end well for all of you.")said the unknown man the men started advancing towards him with knife, he folded his sleeves and skilfully dodged every move and hit them breaking their bones .

I heard men grunting in pain. The same unknown man called police and informed them about the situation they said they ll reach here in 10 min. The man turned towards me looked shocked but masked it 'does he know me' i thought he brought me back from my thoughts saying " ghadi mein beto main thumari ghar drop karta hoon" ("Get in the car; I'll drop you off at your home.")i was skeptical to move an inch as i took step backwards .he gave me a small smile and said " mein shareef hoon mujhe bhi Ammi, behen hai" ("I am decent; I also have a mother and sister.")i nodded my head . With limping in pain i walked forward.