MEET THE GALLAGHERS

"THAT'S THE WAY WE GET BY,"—spoon

—spoon

like any early morning, addison and sydney jones were headed over to the gallagher's across the street. they always met with their neighbors to walk to school together. "hey, guys." addison greeted with a friendly smile, entering the kitchen with her little sister closely behind.

"sit." lip instructed nonchalantly, pulling out a chair for her, while sydney settled into her usual spot next to deb. the kitchen buzzed with activity as the bills box made its rounds around the table. "electric," lip announced, dropping his contribution into the box before passing it along.

fiona deftly filled the rest of the milk carton with water before placing it on the table, a practical solution to their dwindling supply.

"coming through." ian entered with carl riding piggyback. "electric," he echoed, placing his payment into the box before passing it to carl, who didn't add anything. debbie joined them, liam perched on her hip, and she swiftly settled him into his high chair before joining the others at the table. she carefully placed a few folded dollars into the box before moving on to her next task.

"no! you've got a happy meal on the front of that shirt." fiona snapped her fingers, gesturing at carl's attire with exasperation.

carl sighed, reluctantly shedding his shirt as ian mentioned, "oh, um, field trip. need dad's signature," handing the slip to deb.

"okay," deb replied, taking the sheet to sign, while the boys continued to fuel themselves with cereal.

with no clean options in sight, fiona turned carl's stained shirt inside out. "arms up," she instructed, deftly maneuvering the shirt onto her little brother as deb slid the signed permission slip back to ian.

"wow, deb, that's getting really good." addison complimented, marveling at the young girl's skillful forgery.

"who's got the phone?" fiona called out, multitasking as she tossed clothes into the washer and secured a chair under the handle to keep it from swinging.

"i got it." lip responded. "any minutes left?" she asked, a hint of urgency in her voice as she juggled various tasks. "uh, 14." he answered, glancing at the phone.

debbie piped up, "hey, i need something for show-and-tell."

"mr. yublonski left his prosthetic leg out in his yard again, saw it on the way over." sydney suggested as a potential item.

"how much are we short?" fiona inquired, leaning in to inspect the contents of the electric bill box.

"18 dollars and thirty cents." deb replied promptly, already having calculated the shortfall.