CHAPTER 39: HIDDEN IN THE WALLS

Author's POV

Silence was prolonged in the deepest passage of Metaneart's library where time or logic were unheard. No track of the passed time, Natasha was watching the wall where Ben had illustrated a part of history again.

" Ojo Iwaju... A foretelling pond. Why does it seem like I've heard it before...? "

Ben, hearing Natasha talking to herself, shifted his eyes away from the vague image of mirroring frozen ponds in an open ground.

" Maybe you've read it from the Tale of Power and Soul. "

" The history of Moon Goddess and Athanasios? " asking to herself, Natasha quickly turned to look at Ben. " I haven't put my hands on it yet. I've to ask Alpha or Mama about it...or maybe, why don't you narrate it to me, Ben? "

Ben's face brightened like a fairy bulb. " I'd love to! "

They turned to the wall as Ben began illustrating the Tale of Power and Soul with imaginary sketches of the beautiful Moon Goddess, Georgia and God of Power, Athanasios.

Long long ago... Once out of the ring of divinity, God of Power, Moon Goddess and Enchantress created life. After co-existing together for more than centuries, the God of Power and Goddess of Moon fell in love. The serene show of affection was a view only to the Enchantress and the ancient livings of Ukiyo, then.

Ukiyo saw them cherish each other through decades and centuries. Although Power never failed to envelop the lands of Ukiyo with darkness, his Soul never failed him to embrace Ukiyo with her light.

She blessed the lives in the land while he helped her perish the misery in the land. They were the divine couple the living of Ukiyo adored.

But a life within the same line for centuries and centuries and centuries sometimes had to go out to bring some enchantment, right?

It did.

The serene affection of the Power and Soul resulted in the birth of a combination of both of them.

A being as powerful as the God of Power and as lively and soulful as the Goddess of Moon. The child was named as Georgios.

His birth had an eminent impact in Ukiyo as the living saw an outstanding and inevitable lineage of species, considered impossible even now, emerge. Georgios was adored simply by all Ukiyo.

Maybe, not everyone.

Athanasios, perhaps due to being the God of immense power, wasn't able to see his offspring as prominent and powerful as him.

" Wait, wait, wait! " Natasha squealed, hiding the illustration of the red figure in a corner staring at a mother and infant in the other corner. " Athanasios was envious of his child? "

Ben rolled his eyes. " Probably, yes. "

" But...but... He— He was a God! " Natasha protested as if the fact was enough to object everything but, alas, what happened stayed the same.

" A divine being or a human...they are the same as everyone, Ms Dark. Every species with a heart, core and soul were cultivated from their own heart, core and soul. " Ben's thoughts outshined Natasha's mind. " His greed blinded his eminent eyes and he didn't think twice before annihilating the infant Georgios. "

" HE DID WHAT? "

Ben flinched almost losing his posture for a second when Natasha screamed, shocked to the core as her baseball eyes bulged out of their socket, horribly.