Meeting

The nerves were real.

Dean woke up with a pit in his stomach. But it wasn't a bad thing. He was excited. He was meeting his daughter for the first time. Sure he was nervous. Who wouldn't be? He couldn't help but wonder what she would be like.

He strides over to where Sam was sleeping. Shaking his brother awake and yelling in his ear.

"Up and at 'em, Sammy."

Groaning and sitting, Sam slowly gains consciousness. One look at his brother and he knew he was about to spontaneously combust.

"Dean, I know you're excited but it's barely 8 o'clock. Let's pack up and go get breakfast."

Dean was more than just excited but he wasn't going to share his concerns, especially to Sam.

"Fine." He grumbles

The duo quickly pack up and wipe their hotel room. Dean, moving slightly faster than Sam, gets to the Impala first. Throwing his bag in the back he slides into the seat behind the wheel.

Resting his head back and allowed his mind to race. Thoughts about how much his life was about to change, began playing on repeat in his mind.

Opening his eyes as Sam plops into the passenger seat beside him. Without a word Dean turns the ignition and drives off toward a diner for breakfast.

After ordering their meals,  Sam decides to break the tension.

"So, are you ready?"

"Honestly man, I've been wanting for this to happen for a very long time. A family outside of you and dad. But you know with the job and all I never got the chance but now I got it. I just hope I don't screw it up."

Sam just nods in understanding. He had never realized how much his brother longed for a family for himself.

"You're not going to screw it up. And if you do, I'll be there to help you. That's what I'm here for." Sam assured his older brother.

Dean was just open to thank him when the food came but Sam got the message.

Eating in silence and lost in his thoughts, Dean goes over what he is going to say to his daughter.

I got this. It's just a kid. My kid.

Clearing his throat, Dean breaks the silence.

"Are you ready to go? I know I am." He asks his younger brother.

Smiling Sam pays the bill and the duo walks out the diner and towards the Impala.

Dean pulls the car into the parking lot of the park where he met with Amanda. Then he and Sam walk over to a park table and wait for Amanda to arrive with Ava.

The whole time they are waiting, Dean bounces his leg and looks around nervously.

"Dude, seriously. You are going to be fine. She is going to love you. What's not to like?"

"Sam?" Dean whispers. "How is she supposed to react to seeing me? She's 3. She doesn't understand the concept of a father. She might not even see me as that. What if I'm a stranger to her?"

"Dean. She's your kid. You are not a stranger. She knows that." Sam comforts his brother

Dean was about to reply when a voice called out.

"Dean?"

Dean turns to look and sees Amanda walking with a little girl. She had long dirty blonde hair that waved behind her as the wind blew. Dean could recognize the little girl's smile from across the field. He reciprocated her smile with his own.

"Dean, this is Ava, your daughter."

================================
585 words

Sorry for a short chapter. I ran out of ideas for this one and wanted the next chapter to just be their first conversation. I will try to be quicker with that one. Hope you like it 🧡!

Daddy's GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara