1

The goosebumps settle on my skin, me and violet standing in the cold as the wind swifts between me and her. This is all her fault, she wanted to come out and this is the outcome.

Now waiting in line to ever a club called 'X' as the neon led red lights surround the whole letter in the center of the building. Turning my head and land my gaze on Violet who now throws her cigarette on the floor and stomps on it against the front of her heels.

"This has to be the worst idea." She grunts after. She crosses her arm as I don't return a small comment, knowing that she isn't going to like what I have to say at her brilliant idea. In other words, it really was her idea to come late to the club with long lines already and having to wait longer than ever.

"Violet, let's just, go back home." The silence is loud along with people whispering to one another while waiting, doing the same thing we're doing. She doesn't want to head back home that's the problem, she want's to party and groove through the night. Except me.

A few more minutes go by and we barley made it to the front as we're now the second in line. Staring down on a few DMs on Instagram that await a few collabs that are interested in me, in the end, declined.

Running a small baking business in my small apartment and vlogger for Youtube on daily bases about my life. I am some what known in the world, finally hitting the 500k subscriber count along with more sales coming my way on my baking business. It has been a hit for the last few months.

You can say already my life sounds wonderful, welp, that's a different story. Growing up in a abusive household, my mom was brutally beaten by my step father almost every day, along with my little brother who ran away from home and never returned at the age of 17 after he graduated high school. What I should've done.

About to leave the house for good, my mom then committed suicide due to the amount of pain she went through my step father put her through. Picking up the last pieces before leaving, my step father had the audacity to blame me for her death including my long lost little brother that is no where to be found during the event's happening.

Gave my father one good slap across the face and said my final goodbye, leaving everything behind and start fresh all over again. Being homeless for a while was challenging, but my job at the time was breathless and helpful on certain things.

Working from 9AM - 5PM to stay alive and humble myself that the little girl in me is the only thing to push me more into the deeps. My mom may have not taught me a few things, but she has taught me to tough shit out until I bleed.

Found a better job that gave me enough wealth until I was able to pull through and take obstacles through my whole life up until now. Finally meeting violet at my next job, she was also looking for a place to live after wanting to move out ever since.

Our bond is unbreakable, courage and full of genres on what we also been through without each other and up until now- standing in this cold ass weather. Violet on the other hand is a whole different story.

Let's not go there as the jealousy is real when it's her story time.

"Ladies and gentleman, the club is full impact and we're not letting anyone else in until the next hour!" The grunts and shouts coming from behind us in line along with violet throwing her hands in the air and come down with the palm of her hands slap hard on the hips.

"Great." She breaths out and looks around us, another gust of wind breezes against our bodies as another chill crawls all over my body. Doing the same to check the line out and around us, everybody is departing from the line and beginning to walk to their next destination or what i want to do right now, go home.

"Let's just go home." THANK GOSH. "Please, it's 12:17 either way, we have tomorrow." My hair dances in the wind as another breeze comes through. "Yea yea whatever, we're doing this again tomorrow." She scoffs and starts walking towards where we parked at.

Now realize after a few steps, we walked far enough to the point the sound of traffic and voices have drifted away. Only sound is our shoes click and clacking against the pavement sidewalks, in darkness and few lights lighting up the dark street with few cars parking on the sides.

"Fuck this I'm taking my heels off." Turning my facial into a disgusting face as I watch her and stop in my tracks. Looking around us to see nobody is following us and see where we're at. "Good thing I didn't wear those cause look at you, beauty-"

"Beauty is pain yea yea shut the hell up." Chuckling at her sarcasm as she grumbled. She begins to walk again with her heels in her hand dangling. Still following behind her, few more steps go by.

Getting this urge feeling to look behind  me as if we're being followed, it aches me to just turn my head and see. Until footsteps begin to hastened, become heavier and louder, combined with the sound of ragged breathing and hushed male voices.

Fuck. We're being followed.

About to turn my head, violet beats me to it as she does and see the panic in her eyes meant that she heard them too. Out of the two of us, she was braver and stole a look back over her shoulder.

I was about to ask her what is it until she turns her head and sprints forward, that was the que to do the same and dash forward with all my might in my leg muscles. I tried to catch up to her as we're running, due to her height and long legs, its a no go for me.

The street ended with a parking garage. Violet ran into it, and I followed her. There had to be other better places with crowds and other distractions, but her first choice was this dim lighting parking garage that was eerie.

I allowed myself to take a quick glance over my shoulder for the first time. In the darkness, I can see little more than the silhouettes of four large men. My eyes widen a bit as more fear is now awakening,  when they saw me looking back at them they begin to start cat calling towards me.

I ran forward more, turning my head back around to realize violet isn't in front of me anymore. I didn't have a very good fight or flight reflex, no matter what, I would fight till the end. As I make it to the middle of the parking garage I stand frozen and look around me.

"Over here Tati!" Violet whisper-shouted. The echo of the garage was awful, looking around in front of me to see where she is located at, she is no where in sight as I just heard her a few seconds ago now.

"Hey little girl," One of the guys purred in a voice that sounded anything but friendly. Slowly, turning my whole body around. Finally facing them, They lost their urgency and moved slowly, predatorily, as they enclosed on me.

"Do you always run from a good time?" Fucking gross. Another guy asked, for some reason, the rest of them thought it was hilarious as their laughter echoed the entire parking garage.

The hair on my back stood up, as I open my mouth to say something, nothing comes out as I am lost of words and can't understand what I wanted to say. Maybe to scream, Violet doing something heroic, yeah fucking right she would.

The light above me decided to go out for good. Closing my eyes against the darkness, I have given up easily and that isn't usually me. I didn't want to risk seeing what they would do to me. They talked amongst themselves, laughing and making perverted jokes, and I knew I was going to die.

Somewhere behind me, I heard the screech of tires, but I just squeezed my eyes tighter.