Chapter 408: Awkward Silences

Twelve attractive idols were gathered in a studio provided by SBC, their visuals overflowing despite the casual setting. The cameramen and producers present in the room couldn't help but gush at their appearance. 

"I don't see a single pore on their skin," the cameraman whispered. 

"How do these idols maintain their appearances so well?" another asked. 

"I think you have to be born with it." 

"I completely agree. I definitely heard one of the CHAOS members fart, and it smelled like flowers. FLOWERS!" he whisper-shouted. Jaeyong cleared his throat, finally breaking the silence between the two teams. 

"So, uh, how do we go about with the performance?" he asked. Chan kindly smiled. 

"You guys already know the song, right?" The members of EVE all nodded. June wasn't too familiar with the song, but he took the time to research about it. 

"What do you guys think it portrays?" Hanbin asked. 

"It's a flexing song, " Akira smiled. 

"I think it represents the glamorous side of being an idol well."

"I think it's a song that shows haters that idols are still successful even if they hate on us," Zeth added.

"It does sound like that, doesn't it?" Chan chuckled, looking at the lyric sheet in his hands. 

"Hanbin and Y wrote this when we were still rookies," Eric, their last unidentified member, chuckled. 

"We weren't even that popular when this was released, but I think we manifested too close to the sun since we really did hit our prime." Some of the members chuckled at Eric's anecdote.

"There's one main problem about this song, though," Hanbin quickly added. 

"This song is rap-heavy, which isn't really our style," he said. 

"Moreover, our only two rappers are currently in the military." 

"That's not a problem," Jaeyong said. 

"We have five rappers in our team." 

"Five?" Chan asked, a bit confused. He didn't watch Rising Stars, so he wasn't familiar with their positions. However, based on their first performance, only four people truly rapped—Zeth, Casper, Jaeyong, and Sehun. Aside from that, it was pretty absurd to have a team where more than half of the members could rap.

 "Yeah," Zeth chuckled. 

"June raps extremely well, too." The members of SPADES were surprised. June didn't look like a good rapper at all. 

"June is a good rapper," Ren quickly added. 

"And having him rap will equalize the parts more. We'll have five rappers and seven vocalists." Eric leaned closer to Chan and whispered, 

"I'm still skeptical about his rap skills." 

"Yeah," Chan agreed, also whispering.

 "He's too good of a singer to be able to rap well, too." 

"Well, June can take sub-rapper 5 then," Y quickly said. It had the least amount of lines and didn't jive well with June's style. Sehun frowned. 

"I think I could take that one," he quickly countered. 

"I'm more of a mellow rapper, so it'll suit me better." 

"Actually, June suits the main rapper part pretty well," Casper said.