CHAPTER FOUR

ALYSSA'S POV

"Alyssa". I hear Jane voice calling my name slowly as I am sleeping, deep. "Alyssa, pick up your phone. It's ringing". She says sleepy and I grunts small. I do not open my eyes. I could hear my phone ringing too but find it hard to open my eyes. "Alyssa". She calls my name again then I have no choice than to open my eyes now.

My phone hasn't stopped ringing. I slowly reach out for it in my bag and then it stops ringing. I looks at my phone, I missed Granny's call. Jane sleeps back.

I don't even know if I should call her back, I just feel my brain is not working fine yet. It's slow. I'm still staring at my phone when it rings again and I picks it.

"Hello Granny". I says sleepy

"Alyssa, you are still in bed?

"Ha...Yes. What's up?"

"I'm good. I just miss your voice".

"Awwww....Love you".

"Love you too. How's Jane?"

"She is sleeping".

"Okay then, I will talk to you later. Take care". She say and shortly, the call drops. I bring the phone down. Talking to granny has make me awake now. I stares at the phone in my hand.

Granny miss me. I should visit her soon.

I drops my phone and looks at Jane, sleeping deep. I looks at us, we didn't even take off our dresses.

"How did we get home?" I asks myself, thinking. Then, I remember. I laughs as I remember, I brought Jane home.

"Jane". I calls her name, laughing. She do not answer then I slap her butt. "Get up, drunkard".

She grunts while I stretch aloud, yawning. "I brought you home last night and you were saying don't get drunk,I don't have the energy to bring you home now look at". I says laughing.

She turns to me, eyes half opens "You brought me home?"

"Yeah. I remember. You are a drunkard. Get up". I stand up and grunts small.

"Haa...my head aches". Jane says, rolling on the floor.

I get into my room and fall on the bed, I stare small before I bring out my phone and looks at my chats with Daniel. I smile.

I want to text him but just feel somehow about chatting him first....You know, he might think am so into him now. I drops my phone, I don't want to text him first.

****
"I really feel hungover". I hear Jane voice in the living room as I am in kitchen preparing our breakfast. Shortly, it's done and I bring them out to the dining.

It's Mac and Cheese.

Jane is sitting on the couch, on her phone, weak.

"You are a bad drinker. You get hungover whenever you drink too much. Just stops drinking". I says to her. "Food is ready".

She looks at me and get up, grunting. She come to the dining. I watch her sit before I sit.

There is small silence. "I was so drunk last night too, I just wondered how I managed to drive us home successfully. It was dangerous". I says.

"Yeah. Maybe next time, we shouldn't go with our car. We should order for a ride".

"Yeah".

Jane start to eat while I take my phone up. I want to send Daniel a text. I just feel my heart want me to do so.

"Hi Daniel". I send the text to him and drops my phone. I eat.

"Did you hear our conversation. Chris and I? I asks chewing.

"About what?"

"He is still with the girl despite how Chris complained about them to us. They didn't break up". I says chewing.

"Didn't we advised him to leave her".

"We did". I laughs as I says.

"Wow. Well, It was just an advice not an order". She says and I laughs again.

There is small pauses between us as we eat before Jane asks

"Have you guys chatted this morning?"

"I sent him Hi just now but hasn't reply".

"Don't you think he is a busy man seeing some of his pictures in suit?"

"Maybe".

"Do you want a busy man?"

I pauses small. "I don't mind. I just want a serious relationship. I hate a single life". I laughs as I says.

"Me too". Jane says. "I want a serious relationship but ain't seeing no one".

"How about the one you met at the club".

"I don't like him. Not my spec. We are not going to last if we are one".

"It's just so hard when it come to finding the one".

"Yeah, but not to some"

"Right. I pray Daniel is the one". I says laughing a little.

***********
I hope you are enjoying the story.

Please don't forget to Vote and Comment☺️

Thank you❤️