Your To Important To Me - Billy Hargrove

Billy x fem!reader

Warnings: mentions of demo dog attack

Word count: 1,829 (+ I added after it posted more lol)

Summary: prompt "What did you do to yourself? Let me see your arm, please?" / You get attacked by a Demo dog and Billy notices the bloody bandage. Some things need to be talked about and solutions need to be made.

"Thank you, Joyce." Y/n thanked the older woman as she wrapped her arm with goz. Y/n's wrist to elbow had been bleeding and torn up by a Demo Dog that had latched onto her arm. But as far as Y/n was concerned, it could've been a lot worse.

"You don't have to thank me, Honey." Joyce shook her head giving the teen girl a soft smile. She was trying to comfort her, knowing that Y/n had to be in a ton of pain. Joyce thought of her as a daughter, so seeing her but like this. It really pained her to see Y/n in pain. With the situation they were in it happened often, one of them getting hurt but they couldn't change that.

"Still" Y/n tilted her head as she pulled on her jean jacket, trying to be as cautious as she could be of her arm. She could feel throbbing pain in all the punctures as she moved her arm around.

"You're welcome." Joyce nodded in return. She knew Y/n would keep saying thank you if she didn't accept it.

"Hey" Steve walked over to the table that the two women were sitting at. "I can take you home if you want?"

"Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks Steve." Y/n nodded standing up to follow him out of the Byers house.

"Yeah, no problem." Steve nodded, giving her a small tight smile. Steve and Y/n became friends back when the whole upside down stuff started. The two became fairly close friends. Sure they still had some awkward moments and with everything that happens in Hawkins sometimes the awkward moments were the ones they loved the most. Because they were normal. A grimace of normal in their very confusing and stressful lives.

Steve drove her home. The car ride was pretty silent on the way to Y/n's house, but once he pulled up he asked. "Is your arm gonna be okay? Are you going to be okay tonight? Alone."

Y/n nodded softly before letting out a sigh. "Yeah I should be."

Y/n didn't necessarily want to be alone or know for certain that she would be okay but she was a big girl and knew she could take care of herself.

"If it's not you can call me anytime." Steve offered as she stepped out of the car. He wanted her to know she had a friend that would drop anything and be there if she needed.

"I'll call you if it get bad. Promise." She smiled, telling him before shutting the car door and heading inside. She appreciated the sentiment.

As Y/n entered her home it was silent, her mom being at work and all. It was only her and her mom and Y/n liked it that way. Plus being home alone after something like this was better. No one around to worry so much. Y/n was sure that Joyce would call her mom and tell her what happened. It was easier at times that Y/n's mom knew about the upside down. So Y/n went to the kitchen to grab a drink before she headed upstairs to her room.

"Holy Shit!" Y/n practically screamed as she jumped when entering her room to see Billy there on her bed watching t.v. Clenching her chest with her hand she asked. "How long have you been in my room?"

Billy shrugged, muting the television and resposting himself to be facing her in a sitting position instead of laying down. "A while. Where've you been?"

Y/n shrugged, using only one shoulder due to the painful throbbing in her other arm. "The Byers. Helping the kids."

"For 6 hours?" he asked with raised brows. What could she have been doing over there for that long? Billy felt like she wasn't telling him something. And that feeling happened often to him when she disappeared and was gone for so long. Especially if she was with those little brats his step sister hanged out with.