chapter 1

┊: rule no. 1 - Don't play with fire.

⇢ Cameramen gathered around Chris as he introduced the new season of total drama. He seemed confident, totally unaware of what is going to happen in just about five hours. One of the cameramen gave Chris a reassuring nod, before starting to record.

''It's been many seasons since we last saw our original cast aired on TV and we're back with them where it all began. That's right, in the trashy, old summer camp that all the campers despised with their lifes. Today, we invite them all back for a rematch at camp Wawanakwa for a new season called total, drama, upturn!''

The cameramen stopped shooting as Chris finished up his usual welcoming speech. 

''When are they ariving anyways?'' Chris asked the cameramen, watching them stare at eachother.

 ''Aren't you supposed to know, 'mclain?'' One of them protested. Chris just gave him a stare in return. 

''Eh, I'll just ask the producers again.'' Chris pulled out his phone and called the producers. ''They said in about ten minutes. Better get there.'' He made his way throught the dozens of cameramen before he got to the dock. 

Eventually, the campers started to show up. Chris started to greet them all as they arrived one by one, or as a package deal. ''And the last one, Heather! The best for last, right?'' Chris nudged Heather in the arm.

 ''Tch! Of course! Everyone knows I'm the best.'' Heather rolled her eyes at Chris before walking over to her competitors.

''It's time to create the teams! And what better way to do so, than let the winner and runner-up of season one do it, hah, Owen and Gwen?'' Chris called out.

 ''How unoriginal, didin't you do that on the last season too?'' Noah stated. Chris glared at Noah in response.

 ''Since Owen won the season, It's only fair to let him start picking! Take turns.'' Owen glanced around.

 ''Well since he's my best buddy, I pick Noah!''

 ''Seriously, Owen? Noah's like the most unathletical person on the island. You just gave Gwen an easy pick.'' Heather rolled her eyes. ''Wouldn't want to be on your  team.'' She looked away. 

''Oh shut it Heather.'' Gwen crossed her arms. ''I pick Courtney.'' She announced.

 ''Yes! Knew it!'' Courtney celebrated quietly. 

After a few minutes, the teams have been picked and it has came out to this : team hungry sharks, consisting of Owen, Noah, Katie, Sadie, Geoff, Harold, Heather, Tyler, Cody, Lindsay and Trent and the opponent team, loner skunks consisting of Gwen, Courtney, Beth, Bridgette, DJ, Duncan, Eva, Izzy, Justin and Leshawna.

''Why are we one member short? That's unfair, Chris! Do you want me to call my lawyers?'' Courtney objected.

 ''We pretty much only have ten members too, Noah's useless.'' Heather rolled her eyes. 

''What is your problem with my boyfriend, Heather?'' Lindsay stepped closer to Tyler.

 ''Sweetheart, your boyfriend is called Tyler.'' Leshawna looked at Lindsay.

 ''Ohhh! Right, sorry Tyler. I guess Noah is useless afterall.'' Heather looked at Lindsay after she said that and sighed.

''It's time for your first challenge campers.'' Chris enounced. ''You all have two minutes to prepare and meet me here again.'' Some of the campers stayed where they were, while some ran around like crazy. It didin't matter though, as they all were on the dock again in about two minutes. ''Your first challenge is pretty easy. It's a quiz, to be exact.  Each team will get a map with for you famously known places. Such as the dock of shame, the confessional and others. Your goal is to go to those locations and answer a question about one of the contestants from the previous two seasons, also known as, reboot! An intern will be ready to take your answer when you get there. If you answer correctly, your team gets a point. If you don't, you lose a point. The team with the most points at the end will win immunity. Any questions?'' Almost everyone raised their hand. Chris scanned the crowd before shrugging. ''Good. On your marks, ready, set, go!'' The teams ran seperate ways.

''Has everyone watched reboot?'' Heather asked while the team was running towards their first stop. They were running through the well-known forest, passing trees which were there the first time they arrived at the island. For many it appeard nostalgic, for some stressful, and some of the others found a way to smile as they scanned the landscape. 

''I think we all did.'' Noah announced.

 ''Well hopefully! Whoever is the least useful one today is getting voted out if we lose, so might aswell admit now.'' Heather said in response. 

''Or we could aswell vote the meanest one.'' Owen giggled while talking. ''Oh sorry, that'd be you, Heather.'' Owen added with a funny tone.

 ''I know, no need to remind me, fart-face.'' Heather rolled her eyes.

After some time, team hungry sharks arrived at the first stop. An intern asked them a question. ''What is the name of Mary Kate's unicorn plush?'' Owen thought for a bit, before turning to the rest of the team. 

''I don't remember.'' He chuckled. ''I think I got too busy eating chips during that episode.'' Owen stated. Sadie and Katie just looked at eachother awkardly. 

''How do you all not know this? It's Theadore!'' Heather face-palmed.

 ''I agree with Heather on this one.'' Noah crossed his arms.

 ''I wouldn't name my unicorn plush that, I'd call it something like rainbow.'' Lindsay spoke out of nowhere. 

''No one cares, Lindsay.'' Heather turned to Lindsay and glared. ''Let's just say it's name is Theadore.'' She declared. 

Owen turned around to face the intern before speaking for his team. ''MK's unicorn plush is called Theadore. Oh, what a yummy name!'' The intern looked at Owen before nodding.

Meanwhile, Chris was nearby an underground shelter that they newly built on the island. Out of nowhere, something in there exploded. Chris came running to the place where the sound came from, just to hear one of his interns say this : ''It leaked!'' Chris looked terrified.