one ┊ ➶ 。˚ °

HEART TO HEART
the eight potters !

To say Avery had no idea what she was doing would be an understatement, to say the least.

She stood at the foot of her bed with trembling hands, staring at the bag resting on the sage green sheets. It was small, rather pitiful, and didn't look suspicious - exactly what she wanted.

Sighing, she picked it up, brushing her fingers along the old, worn material. It had been a Christmas gift from a dear friend of hers, a friend who had taught her the Undetectable Extension Charm a day later, for "desperate times and extra book storage".

Hermione.

Just thinking of the stubborn, yet incredibly intelligent and selfless brunette made a smile dance on Avery's lips. Hermione Granger had been her best friend since their first meeting on the Hogwarts Express, when she had mended Harry's glasses. Her walnut-coloured eyes had met Avery's bright, mischievous blue ones, and something just clicked - the start of a friendship that had lasted years and was still going.

She shook the fuzzy memories away and grabbed a tighter hold of the bag. These were dark times, but she truly believed she was making the right choice. She knew she belonged alongside Ron, Harry, and most importantly Hermione, and wanted to help her friends in any way possible.

One of those ways was leaving her family and everything she'd ever known behind.

Taking a deep breath, Avery took the charmed bag and pushed it inside one of her pockets. It had everything she'd need, and judging by experience Hermione would prepare one too, in case Avery had missed anything.

Her stomach heavy, the redhead made her way downstairs. The sweet aroma of freshly baked cookies touched her nose, and she instantly had to push away another sickening wave of regret. She had to do this, for Hermione. She couldn't leave her, not after all these years.

Careful to not alert her mother, who was no doubt cooking in the next room, the Buckley crept over to the door and opened it as quietly as she could. Holding her breath in anticipation, she fiercely blinked away the tears that had threatened to sting at her eyes and slid outside into the chilly winter air, closing the door and abandoning her old peaceful life, stepping out onto the streets and heading for Little Whinging.

.・。.・゜✭・.

"Avery!"

The surprisingly familiar voice made the redhead stop in her tracks. She whipped around, placing one hand on the pocket she kept her wand in, and eyed the buildings surrounding her distrustfully.

"Avery!" The call came again, closer, and a moment later something flung itself at the Buckley, enveloping her in a warm hug.

"Bloody hell, Hermione!" Avery laughed, instantly noticing her friend's dark brown hair. "Gave me a scare there."

Hermione pulled away. "It's great to see you! Are you on your way to Harry's, too?"

"Of course." Avery grinned back at her. "Wouldn't miss it for the world."

They spent the rest of their walk filling eachother in on what the other had done over the time they spent apart. They slid into an easy rhythm, finishing each other's sentences, and even the moments of silence felt comfortable. The duo truly had clicked, and according to Avery there was no better feeling in the entire world. She trusted Hermione with her life and could only hope the feeling was mutual.