2| hurricane agatha

JJ LAYS ON THE PULLOUT SOFA staring out the window, unable to sleep due to the storm. He showed up to John B's house just before the hurricane hit, only to not find him there.

Blake, asleep in the guest room at John B's house, tosses and turns as nightmares plague her sleep. Suddenly, she jumps awake and screams, still feeling caught in the nightmare with the loud thunder from the storm filling her ears.

JJ jumps up quickly and runs into the room. He sees Blake in a frantic state and cups her cheeks to try and bring her back to reality. She flinches from the contact, but realizes it's JJ and melts into his touch.

"Breathe with me Blake." JJ tells her in a comforting voice. Blake finds his hand and squeezes tightly.

"Focus baby. Breathe in four, hold four, and release four. You got this, B."

Blake listens to JJ and exhales shaky breaths. She looks only at him trying to ignore the loud sounds of the storm around her. "Don't worry, I get them too." JJ tells her softly. He looks at her frazzled state understanding her more than she could know. "You okay now?"

Blake nods and looks up at him, "Will you stay with me?"

JJ's eyes soften slightly, "Always." Both shuffle under the covers with JJ spooning her from behind. Their legs intertwine and JJ's arms lay across her stomach, pulling her closer to him. Blake snuggles into his warmth and listens to his heartbeat as she slowly falls to sleep.

JJ lay awake all night making sure she's ok. He looks down at her face seeing how relaxed she is. A rare sight for him to see. He brushes her hair out of her face and whispers softly to her, "I will always be here."

~

Blake groans awake and reaches over the bed in search of JJ's warmth. Finding nothing she cracks open her eyes to see the room empty. She gets up and puts on her white bathing suit and a pair of jean shorts. She grabs the closest shirt to her and throws it over her head.

She walks out the room to see JJ leaning against the door frame with a beer already in hand. Upon entering the living room again, Blake hears JJ burp. "Sexy". JJ whips his head around and smirks upon her entrance.

"Hell yeah. Especially when your wearing my shirt," He winks and runs his eyes up and down her. Blake blushes and tries to hide it by exiting the Chateau to find John B. He follows and they both stand next to other as they watch John B clear the branches off the boat.

"Whatcha thinkin?" JJ questions.

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab." John B replies. Blake leaves JJ's side and goes to help John B pull off some of the branches,"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?"

"Nah, they're not getting on a ferry. Come on, think about it. It's God telling us to fish!"