Chapter 10

The next day, Bella stayed home, by Charlie's choice.  He stayed home as well, just to keep an eye over her. I wanted to stay as well but they told me I didn't need to. So Charlie took me to school in the cruiser. It was weird at 1st, but I got over it.
When he dropped me off at the school, I went to the office to let them know that Bella wasn't gonna be in today.
When I walked in, everyone looked at me, like they were shocked to see me for some reason. But the reason why, is I don't know.

I smiled at the receptionist lady that was sitting there on her computer, typing away. "Hey Ms. Lee."
"Hello Kathleen, what can I do for yea this morning." Ms. Lee asked.
"Just wanted to tell you that my sister isn't gonna be in today. Can you have all her teachers email you all her work for today and I'll pick it up when school ends?" I asked her.
"Sure will. How is Bella doing after yesterday?" She asked me.
"She's okay. Her head hurts a little. Dad thought she should stay home today just in case, you know."
"That was a great idea." She said as she typed on the computer. "All her teachers have been asked. Hopefully they send me her work to print out for you."
"Me too." I said as the bell rung.

I gave her a small side smile then walked out to go to my classes. My 1st few classes went by quick. We had a sub so Bella wouldn't probably have any homework, since the whole class didn't get any. By the time lunch came, I was glad because my day was almost over. It was just weird going to school without my sister being with me. I didn't really like her friends but a few. Angela; was cool but quiet, Jessica; she talked too much but she was okay, little annoying at some points. But not as annoying as Mike and Eric. Tyler was cool, he's funny but I still haven't came around to liking him really since the 1st day kissing me like I was his new toy. And then there was Ben. A total nerd, but he was cool to talk with him. I had classes with him in art, I didn't even notice he was in that class until lunch one day, I saw him working on a drawing.

"Hey Ben, whatcha drawing?" I had asked him.
"On some art covers for my comic stuff." He told me.
"That's cool. Are you in the art program here?" I asked.
"Yeah. Period 6."
"Same, I didn't even know you were in there." I had said.
"Yeah, I saw you come in on your 1st day, just never said anything. I don't like to talk much. I'm more a lone body."
"So just like my sister. She's the same way." I told him.
"Yeah, I suppose. But least she likes to talk to others and hang. Me, not so much." He said.

I nodded at him and watched him work his magic, while I was eating. While I was watching him, I noticed that in the drawing it looked like someone. I started looking around the table to see who it looked like that's when I noticed it was Angela.

"Hey Ben is that ang-" I was about to say when he stomped on my foot.
"It's no one." He said as he looked at me then looked over towards the table.
"Oh ok." I said smirking a little.

Angela looked up at me then Ben. Something about those two, to me, I think they both like each other.
As I went to throw away my trash off my tray, Emmett had done the same thing, but stayed and talked to me. As we were talking, I could see both my table and his. My so called friends were talking and so was his girlfriend. Why does she have to be so ugh, I don't like Emmett. He seems cool, I like him but there's nothing there for me. Yeah, he seems like a huge teddy bear and but I don't like them that buff or that big.
As we were talking about our last class, he brought up about coming by the house once again.

"Emmett, in sakes of your girlfriend, I don't think that is wise to do so. I don't want her to kill me over you. It was a sweet offer in helping me but I'll find my own way around that stupid class." I told him.
"Oh come on. Rosalie will be okay. She won't even be around us while we're working." He told me.

I looked over towards his table and when I caught Rosalie's face. I felt my body freeze into place. She's cute, hell she's gorgeous. More beautiful than me and I don't want to be the one that breaks them up.

"I'll think about it." I said.
"Or I can come over to your place."
"No, I don't want Charlie to think that we're a thing or anything. I just know how he is, that's all. And I don't want you getting shot." I told him.
He laughed. "Okay, just think about it."

I nodded then walked away. Just imagine, Emmett sitting in my kitchen or living room, how big is he, Charlie would definitely think of something. I shivered at that thought.
I looked once more at their table as I sat down and Rosalie was still looking at me. Edward looked like he was laughing at something, just don't know what.
Like I've said before, if looks could kill, I'd be dead right about now.
Just as the bell had rung, it broke my concentration of her beauty, letting me know lunch was over. I gathered my stuff and went on to my next 2 classes. By the time it was Spanish, I had ran into him, of course. Emmett chuckled as I ran past him to get my seat.
He didn't talk to me this time, like he always does. Which was a plus, I didn't want to talk about anything with him right now.
Once the last bell had rung, I was glad. Time to go home. I went to the office to gather all of Bella's work.

"Oh, I'm glad you still came by. Chief Swan came by around lunch and said to give you these." She said hanging me the truck keys. "He said he had to go out of town and didn't know if he be back in time to pick you up."
"Oh great. He could've had Bella get me. But it's okay." I told her. "Just hand me Bella's work and I'll be off."
"He already took all her work. So you're good to go."

I nodded then walked out the office. I went to the truck, which was parked in the middle of the parking lot. Just glad he parked it close to the school and not where Bella usually parks it. Which got me thinking, how did he get back home. Unless he had Bella drive the truck or someone else. I shook my head as I got in and started her up.
Once I got home, of course the cruiser was still gone. Bella was sitting in the living room doing her homework. I placed my bag on the steps and went and saw her.
"Hey, god I missed you today. School was so boring without you there today." I told her.
"Was it?" She asked.
"Yes it was. I don't like sitting with the gang by myself. And Emmett talk to me again. Kept asking about me coming over to his place. as we were talking about it, I kept getting these glares from his girlfriend."
"Which one's his girlfriend?"
"The cute, gorgeous blonde headed one." I told her. "When I told him I'll think about it, he brought about coming here instead. I told him no, that Charlie might shoot him." I said chuckling.

Bella chuckled with me while shaking her head. As she was about to say something someone knocked at the door. I froze thinking it was Emmett. I looked at Bella all scared, she just laughed then got up to go get the door.
A few moments later, she came back into the living room with someone. When I looked up, it was not who I was expecting. It was Embry.

"Hey," he said as he saw me.
"Hey, what you doing here?" I asked.
"Came by to check up on you. I heard what happened yesterday."
"How did you hear what happened?" I asked.
"Kat, it's a small town. Everyone knows everything here."
"Well yeah but no. Your dad called Billy and Billy told Jacob and he told me and Quil. I was kinda worried. You could've called me and told me you were okay."
"Embry, I didn't know that you knew. I mean, I wasn't the one that almost got smashed by a van. Bella was. I got pushed out of the way before the van even came my way." I explained to him.
"Oh, who saved you guys in the first place?" He asked us.
"Emmett Cullen pushed out of the way and his brother Edward Cullen got to Bella just in time. But Bella ended up still hitting her head when Edward knocked her down as the van had hit the truck." I had said.
"Which by the way, he was no where near me or the truck. It was like he was on drugs to get that fast over to me." Bella said.
"Least he got to you in time." Embry said chuckling. "Are you ever gonna come back to the rev?" He asked me.
"It's only been a few days."
"I know, just I liked hanging out with you."
"I'll see. Maybe this weekend, Bella and I can come up there."
"Yeah, I actually want to see Jacob." Bella said.

Embry nodded his head and we all talked and he watched us do our homework. He helped me with some of it that he could do. By the time it was supper time, he had left before Charlie got home.
Which was a good thing too, because a few minutes later Charlie came in all tired and wore out.
Bella had made a quick dinner for all of mus and then it was off to bed. At least for Charlie it was. As soon as his head touched the couch he was out for the count.