History 1: Year of 1347

(Ok so before are confused and questioning my creative choices, this is the first part of explaining the significance of cockroaches in this fic.)

(Essentially, they are the reason why the "Yan" part even comes.)

(This is supposed to be written in like, kind of a historical way I suppose. I'm not super great at it, but I want to try it for stylistic purposes. I'll also put a basic summary at the end for those who didn't understand the bullshit the following is.)

Disclaimer: This is not historically accurate and is just fictional bs.

——————————————————

For millennia of years, cockroaches had been regarded as the declaration of filth. If one ever witnessed such creatures in their abodes or palaces, it was to be said the area was begrimed. They were hunted and seen as vermin to the human world. One would assume that such detrimental acts to these minuscule beings would bring terror within their souls. Yet, these insects took this as a great omen of their existence. 

They considered themselves as the cleaners of the world, from Europe to even the southern land of India. Underneath the earth, they formed societies far more sophisticated than that of the human cities. They created health codes concerning every aspect of the environment, its inhabitants, and the air. Yet these imbeciles one would call humans never knew this, and tried to send them into exile from their lands.

So in the unfortunate year 1347, the humans established a new vermin to feast upon all the pitiful cockroaches. Rats. The rodents preyed on the innocent roach civilians until their population was cut to a measly population on one coast of Croatia. A river of tears was shed by the survivors of the terror, eventually creating an energy too dark to be even spoken of. 

So one brave roach by the name Claude Valieva Marquis de Francisco decided to take revenge for the genocide. He infected a few humans with a psychological mess. The infected started to obsess over anything their hearts attached to. Some even committed atrocious felonies to have their desired one in their grasps. 

However, the disorder was unidentifiable to doctors, and many say demons possessed the victims. Thus ending in a neverending cycle of terror and confusion. Even asylums who did treatments so inhumane could not tame these victims. 

It was not until Professor Hirohiko Araki identified the disease in 1789 as "Yandere", using two words from his native language that it was officially classified. But his papers were lost in a great flood, thus the disease is hidden by mystery once more.

In the modern world, those affected by this psychological disorder have found themselves evolved from their ancestors. They manage to keep their disease under control for much longer increments. Yet the seal of secrecy only being able to hold for so long until they snap. In theory, the longer the diseased spend time with their desired one, the harder it is for them to keep their seal. 

Summary: Cockroaches were hated by the world for their uncleanliness, but the cockroaches themselves thought they were like the protectors of the health code. But humans wanted to eradicate them so in 1347, humans brought out rats to hunt all the cockroaches. All the remaining cockroaches were pushed to a beach in Croatia. For revenge, a cockroach named Claude Valieva Marquis de Francisco decided to infect the human population with a psychological disorder that caused obsession. The infected would commit crimes to get close to their desired person. It was not until Hirohiko Araki in 1789 called the disease Yandere. But his studies were lost in a flood. Today, the yandere psychological disorder has evolved and now the diseased can hide their crazy urges better. But the closer they are to their desired one, the less they will be able to cover themselves up. 

(I forgot to put the summary in aha)

——————————————————

"Grandpa, do we still spread the disease?" A little roach asked, wearing a mini denim cap on his head. He held onto the arm of the cloth rocking chair.

"Of course not. Only the humans spread it themselves. They just can't put themselves to rest." The cockroach with glasses upon his eyes spoke. He held a photo album in four of his arms. "Now come, I shall show you more pictures of your great ancestor Claude Valieva Marquis de Francisco."

——————————————————

(Well...Here's the bullshit I just wrote lmao. Now, I am planning to write Chapter 3 this weekend since I do have an extended break. I wanted to explain some cockroach lore to make sure you (readers) aren't confused with the constant mention of cockroaches.)

(I think the next chapter will just give more encounters of our first yan, and maybe a few bits and pieces of the 2nd yan I hinted at.)

- Celina