Prologue/Chapter One: A Lost Hero

At the school of New Olympia (and the hidden side of it ran by the Greek gods and goddesses), the seven heroes were each training with either their mentors or with their teammates. Jay was practicing his sword fighting skills on some practice dummies. Herry was listening to Hercules' story about his past adventures. Archie was doing another practice run in the gym with Ares watching him and timing him. Atlanta was practicing her archery skills with Artemis. Odie was helping Hermes with the maps on the computers. Neil was listening to Aphrodite about Eros and Psyche's famous love story. But Theresa has finished working on her Telekinesis Class with Persephone.
Theresa was walking through the hallway with her bag slung over her shoulder. Her thoughts soon wondered back to Jay. She felt her heart flutter about her newly claimed boyfriend. She knew how brave Jay could be when it comes to defending the innocents and is responsible for them as a leader, but he's very calm during emergencies and respectful towards others.
"Hey Theresa!" Atlanta greeted Theresa as she joined her friends, who recently finished class.
"Hey guys." Theresa sat down next to a smiling Jay. "What's going on for today?"
"Hera told me about Bellerophon and his descendants," Jay told the team.
At the mention of his name, Theresa suddenly had a dizzy, tilting feeling that the wall was sliding down towards her. Darkness flashed before her eyes, and then strange images, in bits and pieces like a puzzle whirling together.
*****
Thunder. Roaring thunder coming from a grassy field. That's when she saw the stampede.
The shadows weren't any thunderclouds after all. They were dozens upon dozens of horses, galloping as though their lives depended on it. The front of the line was dominated by steeds with sleek brown, black, bay, and palomino coats. Their manes and tails flew behind them like multicolored flags. As they ran, dust from the road kicked out around them, filling the air and making it hard to see clearly. The wind and noise was tremendous, like hail smacking against a shed during a storm.
But a shrill whinny was heard from the top of a cliff. There was a girl around Theresa's age sitting on the saddled back of a regal light bay mare (a Belgian Warmblood), watching the horses stampeding below them. She was wearing a bright golden pendant on a chain, that looked like their Pendant Key, much to Theresa's amazement. Theresa's eyes widened when she saw the unknown girl's eyes; her eyes were the reflection of Poseidon's sea-blue eyes. The girl's eyes narrowed at the stampeding horses and made her horse jump into the stampede whilst disappearing into the dust.
Theresa soon heard a strong and proud neigh from above the mountain. When she looked up, she was amazed to see a pure white winged stallion flying above the mountain. But on the winged stallion's back was a man, who was around his early thirties.
The man resembles the young girl on the horse, but he was wearing Greek clothes. When he looked at Theresa, his worried and worried voice could be heard. "Find her young Seer. Find my last living descendant!"
*****
She soon came back to her senses and took in her friends, who were watching her with concern. They understood that Theresa has natural sense of direction, as well as a sixth sense that sometimes led her to foresee glimpses of the past, present, and future. But sometimes, it can be startling and terrifying for her.
"What is it, Theresa?" Jay asked, concern vivid in his hazel eyes.
"I had a vision," replied Theresa. "About a girl on horseback."
"And it came up right after Jay mentioned Bellerophon," Odie said observantly.
"And then I saw this man on Pegasus and heard his voice being spoken to me," continued Theresa. "He said to me, 'Find my last living descendant.' He seemed very worried and desperate about his last descendant."
That's when Hera had gathered the team to the meeting room. Apparently, when Hera and Hermes were both going through the hallway that has the young heroes' life sources, they were surprised to see Bellerophon's descendant tree only have one descendant left is still alive.
"What happened to Bellerophon's descendants?" Jay asked his mentor, Hera.
Hera let out a sigh, sorrow went over her expression. "Justin, Ariana, and Brandon were killed by accident during an unexpected car accident. Due to what happened, Poseidon has never forgiven himself for accidentally killing one of his son's descendants and thinking for ending one of his son's bloodlines."
"But how?" asked Odie. "Unless I misunderstood Bellerophon's legacy, wasn't all of his kids killed?"
"Not exactly," Hermes replied. "Bellerophon's son, Hippolochos, had lived and had children after his first son passed away." A look sympathy and empathy went over him. "But if the descendant of Bellerophon is still alive, she could be in grave danger."
🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊
"What?" Poseidon's blue eyes were wide with amazement. "You believe one of Bellerophon's descendants has survived?"
After the meeting about Theresa's recent vision, they went to the communication room and contacted Poseidon about it. The Sea God was stunned at the sudden news of his last Bellerophon's descendant.
"We saw the descendant leaf glowing underneath Bellerophon's descendant tree," said Hera. "She's the last of the Rider's descendant."