The Green Council

Alicent's Room

No one POV

Alicent was told of Visery's death and Talya looked at her and Alicent cried and said "You're sure?".

Talya said "With his own eyes, Your Grace. "

Alicent sniffled and cried and stood up and said " Stay here. Tell no one. Help me dress. "

In the Tower of the Hand, Alicent was telling Otto and Otto said "Who knows? My handmaiden, Talya. Some of the servants. I saw him last night before he... He told me he wished for Aegon to be king. It is the truth. Uttered with his own lips. His last words to me and I was the only one to hear it. And now he's dead. "

In the Small Council Room

Alicent was sitting down at the head of the table as the rest of the small council walked in and Tyland said "What is it that could not have waited an hour? Was Dorne invaded?".

Otto said "The King is dead. We grieve for Viserys the Peaceful... our sovereign... our friend."

Otto said "But he has left us a gift. With his last breath, he impressed upon the Queen his final wish: that his son, Aegon... should succeed him as Lord of the Seven Kingdoms."

Tyland said "Then we may proceed now with the full assurance of his blessing on our long-laid plans."

Otto said "Yes. There is much to be done, as we've previously discussed. Now, there are two among the captains of the City Watch that remain loyal to Daemon. Let us replace them. Lord Lannister."

Tyland said "The Treasury is well in hand. The gold will be divided for safekeeping."

Otto said "Let ravens be sent to our allies, Riverrun and Highgarden. "

Alicent said "Am I to understand that members of the Small Council have been planning secretly to install my son without me?" and Lord Jasper said " My queen, there was no need to sully you with darkling schemes"

. Lord Beesbury said "I will not have this. To hear that you are plotting to replace the King's chosen heir with an imposter!" and Tyland said " His firstborn son is hardly an imposter."

Lord Beesbury said "Hundreds of lords and landed knights swore fealty to the Princess."

Otto said " That was some 20 years ago. Most of them now dead. "

Lord Jasper said "You heard the Lord Hand. Plot or no, the King changed his mind. "

Lord Beesbury said "I am six-and-seventy years old. I have known Viserys longer than any who sit at this table. And I will not believe that he said this on his deathbed, alone, with only the boy's mother as a witness. This is seizure! It is theft! It is treason! At the least, it is... " and Lord Jasper said "Mind your tongue, Lyman. The King was well last night... by all accounts. "

Lord Beesbury said "Which of you here can swear that he died of his own accord?" and Lord Jason said " Which of us are you accusing of regicide, Lord Beesbury? " and Lord Beesbury said "Whether it was one of you, or all of you, I care not. I will have no part... " and Ser Criston angrily seizes Lyman and forces him back into his seat; unfortunately, the force Cole uses slams the frail Lyman's head into the table, fatally cracking his skull to the horror of all.

Alicent gasps and Ser Harrold took out his sword and said " Throw down your sword and remove your cloak, Ser Criston. "

Ser Criston pointed the sword at him and Ser Harrold said "I am your Lord Commander, Ser Criston. Cast down your sword."

Ser Criston said " I will not suffer insults to Her Grace the Queen. "

Alicent said "There was no insult to me, Ser Criston. Put aside your blade. "