iv.

note: my oc will be mentioned here, if you're curious on how she looks like, i've posted a few artworks with her on Tumblr.

╰┈➤ Once the portal to heaven has fully disappeared, Lucifer felt like he could finally breathe again. But this time, his lungs felt heavy. Even with the weird looks he received left and right, his focus never shifted from what he just witnessed. He stayed right where his feet were planted, not moving a single centimeter at all. Even his daughter was getting worried, placing a hand on his shoulder. He couldn’t even hear anything that Charlie said. Jeez, the tears just kept flowing, he wanted to laugh at himself. He just got a single glance at you, one. And yet his heart felt like it had been stabbed many times more than he could count. 

Out of instinct, Lucifer latched himself onto his daughter, hugging her tightly. All these years of pain and loneliness broke his soul slowly, bit by bit as time progressed, but just one look at you made him break completely in less than a second. The princess was quite confused on why her father was acting like this. The last time she saw him like this was… when her mother left them. She remembered the connection you may have had with her father. She first suspected that you were the lady his father used to draw, and now, her suspicions might be true. If it was true, who were you really to him? Were you really that important? But of course, she could never be sure until her father told her.

And she won’t force him to do so. It pains her so much to see him in such a wretched state, pathetically weeping in her embrace. She casted Vaggie a glance of worry, to which the girl reciprocated. What could it be about you that affected him this much? Were the two of you familiar with each other? Were you friends? Were you close? 

Hearing her father try to stifle his sobs almost made her cry. She felt so bad for him, almost everyone was. Vaggie kneeled down beside her lover, patting Lucifer’s shoulders gently as he clinged to Charlie. The residents of the hotel stood nearby, watching the scene in front of them with pity filled eyes (most of them, at least).

For once, Alastor didn't mock him. For once, Angel didn't crack a joke. For once, Nifty didn't insult someone for not being a ‘bad boy’. For once, Husk didn't wear his usually grumpy expression. For once, Cherry kept her bombs away and tried to cheer up the mood. Sir Pentious and his eggies even surrounded them, the little egg boys gently hugging Charlie and Lucifer with a saddened expression. 

The way something, or someone affected him this much, it was weird for all of them to see. Sure, he was the King of hell, but man, he looks so weak and pathetic right now. It was like a sudden shift of the environment. Just a while ago, they were just as chaotic as they always were, and now, there was nothing but Lucifer’s sobbing filling the silence that fell upon the usually lively hotel. 

Lucifer knew what this scene would cause his reputation, but he didn't care. Besides, they were his daughter's friends and they weren't that bad. Maybe aside from Alastor, but still. He felt like he could trust them with this vulnerability, just this once, he wants a shoulder to cry on. He's been cradling himself all alone all these years, now he just wants to be held and told that everything would be alright. Even though everything to him was far from alright. 

How funny. All it took was one glance at you for his world to crumble again. 

For him to crumble down and break.

This is probably that thing they call “karma”, isn’t it? But he’d accept it. He knows he deserves every pain it brings him. He deserves to experience the very pain that he made you go through, if not, maybe worse. Nothing could ever justify how he broke your heart just to make his dreams come true. 

In the end, all of his efforts didn't get him anything. Nothing happened in the way he wanted. Everything he wished to achieve, he never did. And worst, he lost you in the process. He would've chosen to lose everything rather than to lose you. But he ended up losing everything and you.