Chapter One: A Tough Day in Hell

"Darling! It wasn't what you think!" Vox cried, reaching to embrace his lover. "Then what was it!? I saw you in Valentino's studio with some bimbo all over you!" The female sinner pushed his embrace away, tears falling down her flushed cheeks. "And you seemed all too happy just to let it happen," her voice trembled as she spoke. Her shaking hands frantically shoved all of her belongings that weren't bought by the TV demon into a small duffle bag. Vox stood there just stunned, his electric eyes wavering on his screen. He wanted to deny it, but he couldn't. He had been complacent in his actions, not giving her a second thought. He was an overlord after all. As long as he had power, nothing could touch his relationships. Or so he thought. And now his actions were pushing the people he cared about away.

"Listen, I-" Vox began apologetically, the other sinner cutting him off. "I don't want to hear your sorry excuses again," Her eyes held a raging anger behind her tears. "I gave you a second chance and you blew it." With her bag hanging from her shoulder she walked past the stunned TV demon. "Goodbye, Vox."

I sulked down the streets of hell. My normally perky black ears were now folded down, my sleek black tail swishing aggressively behind me. I would normally take pride in being a fierce black panther demon, but today I felt no more than a terrified kitten. Wiping the tears from my eyes, I attempt to put on a confident facade. I leaned against the wall of an empty shop, it felt like my life had come crashing down on me. I felt around the back of my black jeans not finding my only way of communicating with anyone that could help me. "I must've left it back at the penthouse..." I mutter under my breath. With no phone and no form of communication, I sink to the ground in defeat. I should've thought this through... my blind rage had left me without a plan and nowhere to go.

Looking down the street hopelessly, my yellow feline eyes spotted the one thing that could give me comfort. The club. Loud music and flashing lights sound like just the distraction I need right now. Slowly standing to my feet, I hauled my bag once more to rest on my shoulder before continuing down the street and into the not-so-crowded club. It was only mid-day still, and the usual club-goers were probably sleeping off the previous night's activities, leaving the club feeling empty. Taking a seat at the bar and dropping my bag at my feet, I waved the bored bartender down. "I'll take the strongest drink you have." I sighed disappointed in the lack of distraction. "Pretty early for a drink-to-forget kinda day." The octopus-looking bartender had turned away to start mixing my drink. "Yeah... you could say that," I glanced above the bar at the TV as my drink was set in front of me. I pulled out a wad of cash from a pocket and handed it to the bartender. I stared at the TV for some time while taking occasional sips of my drink. It was all the same fucked up shit as usual until it wasn't. A rerun of an ad that had aired a few months back was playing. A strange hotel designed to rehabilitate sinners. If that was even possible. Although in my eyes it was no more than a free place to stay. It certainly wouldn't have been my first choice of residence if I had much of a choice to begin with. Leaving the club, I began the long walk to the outskirts of Pentagram City. My legs ached as I trudged up the relatively steep hill leading up to the hotel. It was quite grand and decently obnoxious to look at while kinda looking like it was falling apart. Perfectly fitting in with the chaos-filled city. Giving the large doors a solid knock, I awaited anxiously, hoping to be able to rest my weary head soon.