✧ZERO✧

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Eyes without a face

BILLY IDOL
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

  News reporters and flashing lights. That's all Takemichi could see. Blurs of people surrounded him, asking him questions he couldn't understand. Why would they expect him to be able to answer? After what he saw? The sight of her mangled and battered body lying in a pool of her blood stuck with him. And he's not sure it'll ever leave him.

If he had known what would happen would he have tried to stop it? That wouldn't matter. He wouldn't be able to do it. He's too weak, and the only thing he's good at is being useless. How can he even imagine fixing something like this when he can't even fix himself?

"How do you feel?" The question rang in his head. He knew the answer but he couldn't speak. He felt as if he was drowning, water filling his lungs and making his throat sting. Like his heart had been ripped out of his chest and squeezed apart right in front of him, leaving a gaping hole where it once stood.

The worst part? He didn't know what to do with himself anymore. Blank. That's all he was now. A blank canvas with no meaning, words, thoughts, emotions, nothing. Or maybe he was more like a Monet painting. The closer you look the more messy it is, sure it's pretty but that's all you see. You don't see the efforts, the hurt, the frustration, none of it. To blind-sighted by its appearance to realize its humanity.

He was taken into an ambulance and sat down on the edge as he was checked for wounds. He didn't know why they were doing that. Wasn't it clear the blood on him wasn't his? Wasn't it clear he was fine? They shouldn't be worrying about him, they should be worrying about her. Not him. "Stop..." He mumbled, looking at the male nurse who was checking him.

The man jumped, his eyes instantly darting to Takemichis. A chill ran down his spine at the sight of his cold blue eyes. They weren't the usual blue color, no they were a grayish blue. Sure it was pretty, well he was just in general oddly pretty, but it was unsettling. Like looking into the eyes of a doll. "Stop..?" The man looked confused, but a visible light blush was on his face as he observed Takemichi. He was pretty, with dark messy hair, fair skin, sizable lips, long eyelashes, and oh those Beauty marks...it was the cherry on top.

"I'm fine. Save the worry for Hinata." Takemichi took off the man's hand from his shoulder, in a rather rude way, although unintentionally. "R-right but I'm just doing my job..." The man was getting visibly nervous, sweat forming on his face as he looked at Takemichi. However, Takemichi simply stared at him, which made the man even more nervous. "Can I leave?" The man's jaw dropped at Takemichis boldness, did he not know how things like this work?! "No, you cannot just leave! You still need to be questioned and taken into the station!" The man yelled, wiggling his fingers a bit.

"That's enough now Yoru." A police officer came over, putting a hand on the nurse's shoulder. "I'll take it from here." The officer nodded, gesturing for the nurse to leave. Once he did the officer stepped closer to Takemichi. "Now, tell me..why are you so adamant on not being helped?" Takemichi stared at the man as if the answer was obvious. "I'm not the one hurt, I don't need to be checked for wounds that don't exist." The officer nodded in understanding, his eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly.

"Well, he's just doing his job. You shouldn't be rude about it." The man put a hand on Takemichis shoulder, patting a bit before letting go. "Don't worry, we'll take care of this." Takemichi just stared at him silently. Not seeming to be listening, how could he when the police officer was just yapping about something he could care less about? The man eventually went away, leaving him alone yet again.