Chapter-1 The First Touch

A girl in her twenties, was standing on one side of the bridge, looking at the sky in daze.
The sky wasn't so beautiful, it was rather gloomy and cloudly as if it will rain the next second.
Her shining uncombed hair was swaying as the chilly autumn breeze was blowing slowly.
It was middle of the autumn so weather became a little bit cold but she doesn't seem to care about it very much as she was standing there lightly dressed.
Looking closely, it can be seen that the girl is rather pretty. It would be wrong to describe her beauty as just pretty, she was like an angel fallen from heaven.
But cruel eality had changed her naive beauty. Before her life could start, it had came to an ending.
Though there wasn't any tear in her eyes, the look in her eyes can make someone feel sad.
Maybe it was the weekend and a gloomy day, there wasn't so much cars on the road.
Suddenly, she heard crisp sweet voice behind her, it was asking her,
'Are you going to jump?'

She turns her head to look behind her. And after taking a glance at the boy who knows for how long standing there, she turns back.

When the boy saw that she wasn't answering, he came to her side.
His head can barely cross the railing. He was also looking at the sky.
Then he suddenly asked the girl,
'Are all mothers so cruel?'

The girl was stunned at his naive words and instinctly looks down at her round belly which shows clear signs of pregnancy.
The girl then finally replied,
'Why do you think I am going to jump?'

The boys answer again shocked her.
'Cause you look the same as my mother when she jumped from the building.'

The girl then took a close look at the boy who was not more than 10 years old.
Now that she paid attention, she saw the boy was clothed full in black with a casual red jacket over the gloomy black suit.

Clearly he was returning from a funeral.
Her heart suddenly became sad for the little boy who has the expression of an adult on his face.
The girl suddenly had a feeling that this boy is going to be a very handsome man in future.
She has never seen such cold beauty in a 10 year old boy before.

Then she starts thinking about her unborn child, how will her baby look after being born, if he/she will look as beautiful as the boy in front of her.

Her thought then startled her. And the hand on her belly start moving.
She then suddenly asked,
'Do you hate your mother?'

The boy looks hesitant and then suddenly looks behind.
She also followed his gaze and saw at the other side of the road, a maybach was parking by the road, and a man in a black suit like a bodyguard standing by the car with a little baby cradling in his arms.
She couldn't figure it out from a distance how old the baby was, but it looked very little, peacefully sleeping, a white bundle.

She turns to the boy and saw him hesitate for some time then nodded and asked,
'Why do you want to die?'

His straightforward question doesn't make the girl awkward rather she was really trying to talk to someone.
Though it's looks comical to speak with a child about these things but she said,
'I feel alone.'

The boy suddenly raise his head to take a look at her.
As if he understood something, he grabs her hand with his tiny hand tightly as if he was trying to express his thoughts through his actions,
'You are not alone.'

The girl's eyes gradually became moist at this sight. She starts tearing up.
She couldn't stop herself and start crying.
After some time she stops abruptly.
Suddenly become excited and grab the hand that was clutching her to her abdomen. She was very excited and couldn't speak for a while.

But the boy understand what she wants to express cause he can feel the bump from his hand. The baby was kicking. There was tears in her eyes but the girl was smiling foolishly.
'It kicked, kicked for the first time. Can you feel it? can you?'

The boy nodded his head and place both his hands on her belly. And the baby kicked again.
The girl again started to cry and keep saying,
'Baby, I am sorry, I am so sorry. I didn't think about you.
Momma is a bad person. I am sorry.'

She sat down on the road and started bowling her eyes out.
After crying for a long time, she raise her eyes and look at the boy in front of her, she raise her hand and touched his beautiful face and said sincerely,
'Thank you.'

The boy didn't say anything just keep looking at her.
The girl then stand up and before turning around she asked him,
'What's your name?'

After a moment of silence the boy spoke up,
'Ling Xiao'

The girl smiled at him, and took a glimpse at the little girl across the road who was still sleeping in the arms of the big man.

'Maybe she was also helpless.' She didn't say who she was talking about but the boy understood, she was comforting him. And she then added,
'Take care of her.'

She can tell that the little baby was very important to the boy.
When was asked if he hated her mother, his first reaction was to look at the baby, he didn't think about himself at first, but he thought about the baby.
He again didn't say anything.
But took off the red jacket, and gave it to her.
The girl took it and wore it In front of him, she can tell it's a woman's jacket, maybe belonging to his late mother.

The girl then took last glance at him and  turned. She  started walking away without looking back again.

After she walked away, Xichen crossed the empty road and  he took the little girl in his arm said to the bodyguard at side,
'Let's go.'

'Yes, young master.'

The bodyguard replied respectfully and  opened the car door for them.

He first settled the baby in the seat and then suddenly turned to see the way the girl left.

The girl was quite a distance ahead gradually becoming a bright red dote.

There was something undescribable in his eyes.
He then turn around and got in the car and left the opposite side.

This was the first and last meeting of them in this life.

Note: this is not the beginning of the story.
The main story begins from chapter-2.
Hope you enjoy 😊❤️