5: We're Never Coming Back Again!

"Holy shit..."

Kisakyu watches in horror as multiple worms chase after Raya and Montri on their separate hoverbikes. Only God knows what made them so hellbent on swallowing them whole, but he has to regroup with them in some way regardless of the hoard coming at them.

Hearing the two worms from behind coming at him, he quickly flips backward to dodge their attack and promptly launches a wall to push them back.

"Come over here, please!" he shouts at the two.

They redirect their hoverbikes to lower and grab Kisakyu, but the constant barrage of work attacks whether it'd be from behind or blow stops them from approaching anywhere near Kisakyu.

"Ugh...! Zhaohuo, go!"

Without any other option, Raya gives up her only offense to swoop down and save Kisakyu.

"Careful! He's still pretty hot from attacking!"

Zhaohuo's swift pickup catches Kisakyu off guard, and he nearly falls off twice from the sudden lift and the scorching flames that followed.

"Damn it, Montri...!"

"Yeah yeah, I get it, hold on!"

Montri tries his best to take on the offense by looking back and shooting the worms as often as possible. It's hard to multitask aiming and riding though, so he can only do so much to hold off the worms.

Then, coming from the other side, Kisakyu floats up on top of Zhaohuo, and he immediately tries to assist them by shooting small but deadly bullets from his hand gesturing a finger gun.

He's nowhere as experienced as Montri in shooting though, and the speeds at which they have to travel through already makes it difficult enough for Montri. So, he only manages to catch a few and stun them before being sent back to the hoverbike with Raya riding on it.

"I'm sorry...! I didn't know I'd made it harder for you..."

"Are you kidding?" Raya gives a confident smile at him. "There's no way I'm just gonna leave you behind, right?"

Kisakyu just gives a warm smile at his comment and focuses back on the situation they had.

"Shit!"

A worm manages to land a hit on Montri's hoverbike, and he starts to spin uncontrollably. This gives the worm a chance to attack him, and they waste no time to lunge at him while he tries to stop himself from swirling.

But, just as they're about to come at him, Montri somehow shoots a bullet in their direction. The bullet was an explosive one too, so the blast managed to stop all of them from attacking him.

With that out of the way, he stops himself from spinning and looks back at the other two.

"Guys!"

He immediately turns around his hoverbike the second he sees that a worm has managed to latch onto Kisakyu and Raya's hoverbike. He then loads his gun with normal bullets and shoots at the worm, helping Kisakyu and Raya bring it down.

But no matter what they did, the worm was insanely persistent. Even though its body was barely even recognizable, it still kept its teeth down.

Just before Kisakyu lands a fatal blow though, the worm manages to throw the hoverbike downwards, causing both of them to fall off.

"Gh!"

"Ah!"

They continue to tumble until they stop, only to look at a hoverbike that's badly damaged. In fact, the worm had chewed off a decent chunk of all the engines. Worried, they both fear the hoard that very quickly approaches them as well as Montri's endless rambling if they do make it out alive.