Prologue

The golden gates of Vaikunta barged open as the chariot elephant Airavat manifested into existence followed by the arrival of entire god populace. The god council marched in chanting prayers and solace as Jaya, Vijaya merely looked on in amusement.

The 10,000 heads of Sesha formed a canopy as his body slithered into a bed on the milky white sea. Laying on it, Lord Vishnu yawned in his gold adorned glory before playfully smiling at Lady Lakshmi who showed no signs of acknowledging it as the goddess of wealth sat across him applying her sindhoor, but then again there was no need of signs.

The platoon bowed as they assembled in front of the divine couple. Indra the king of gods, spearhead of the platoon, joined his hands in prayer as he solemnly stepped forward. "A disastrous crisis has risen, my lord" Indra stated.

Narayan simply smiled, "you fret too much Indra."

Indra slightly balked. Agni, ever too initiative, spoke up, "One of us has abandoned his post, my lord."

"And he has stolen all our powers" Indra cried.

"So, you are powerless now?" Vishnu deemed pure innocence.

"My lord, he took a smidge of all of our powers" Indra said, now calming down.

Vishnu looked at him feigning curiosity, "now why would anyone do that?"

"He wants to create a parallel world" Indra answered.

"After Vishwamitra has already done so?" Vishnu stated indignantly as he rotated the Sudarshana chakram on his finger tips, "How unoriginal!"

"My lord, he wishes to make a mirror world, his own world where he himself is the ultimatum. It would be disastrous for the universe" Indra stated.

"Which post did he abandon?" Vishnu asked the ever present smile playing on his lips.

"The story teller" Chandra answered.

Vishnu looked at Indra, "fill the post" he simply stated.

"But lord, the other world..." Indra lamented.

"Indra" Vishnu said cutting him off, "I am the sustainer of every corner in this universe, even that mirror world and the deity enclosed in it's pearly gates. Every atom he creates will still worship me as it's god."

The air around them charged with heavy power for a split second. Neither Sesha nor Lakshmi batted an eye at that.

"Yes, my lord" Indra bowed and everyone else followed.

Assured and secure, the deity populace left the milky sea of their holy abode.

Narayan closed his lotus shaped eyes and dramatically sighed. Lakshmi playfully pressed his legs with a chuckle, "Who is this little troublemaker?" she asked.

"Hmm" he smiled, "he calls himself Chuck."

~

Chuck cackled as his power leaked into his playground as countless crystals. It began expanding into the infinite ends of universe. The crystals shaped up reflecting a world of his making.