1. you didn't even know her

ACT ONE: the goblet of fire
told by a girl

Chapter 1
You didn't even know her

-

Summer was over and it saddened Veronica Black beyond imaginable.

The tears couldn't stop running down the doe eyed girls cheeks as she stood on platform 9 3/4, saying goodbye to her mother.

Her father, the infamous Sirius Black, couldn't be there alongside Veronica's mother Celine waving their daugther off. For according to the rest of the world Sirius Black was a murderer on the run. When in reality he was just a father who missed twelve years of his daugthers life.

Veronica was now starting her fourth year at Hogwarts.

"Do you have everything, sweetheart?" Celine, Veronica's mother asked as she dryed the girls tears away.

"I think so." Veronica said, fixing her curls slightly after the wind had messed them up.

But that wasn't the only reason she was fibbling with her hair, it was always something she did when she was anxious. And she was always anxious when she was going back to school.

Celine pulled her distressed daugther in for a hug, softly saying, "You'll be alright honey, it's going to be okay. This new school year could always surprise you."

"I don't know." Veronica said, looking at her cherry red boots, not so convinced by her mother's words.

"You'll see." The older brunette woman said with a reasuring smile on her mauve colored lips.

Veronica had tried to get there as early as possible in order to secure private seats for her and her best friend, Inez. Considering Inez was always running late it was up to Veronica.

The quite short girl made her way through the already quite crowded train, looking for a decent enough place.
Which she eventuelly found.

Her cat, Laurie who was a darling golden british shorthair had made himself comfortable after just minutes of being let out. The independent cat seemed to hate everyone but Veronica, and by extension Inez.

People stuck their heads in from time to time, looking for seats. But when they were meet by the dark brown eyes of Veronica - the daugther of an alleged serial killer, they went away.

It seemed to be the only perk of being Sirius Black's daugther.

And with the whole death eater incident at the world cup everything seemed worse.

But she told herself that it didn't matter what they thought of her or her family. Her family were essentially once considered royalty by the wizarding world, only to be treated like villians in later years.

How could it all get so messed up?

Inez seemed later than usual, which wasn't much of a surprise to Veronica. Inez seemed to age badly when it came to sticking to a certain time table. It just got worse in later years.

Though Inez missing the train wasn't a highly unlikley thing to happen since the sun ages you faster, Veronica really didn't want to sit all alone with no one but her cat to keep her company all the way to Hogwarts. It seemed a little bit to much of a feared future for her to be okay with.

The brunette didn't have a lot of friends. She was quite lonely, especially last year when her father was on the run from Azkaban. She had also made a new mortal enemy last year, the one and only - Harry Potter.