Chapter 3

Bemi's POV

I woke up and saw the time was 8:37 pm . Daddy must be back

I got up and went downstairs, I saw Daddy and mummy discussing , it looked serious cos dad hasn't even changed from his work attire.

Still, I went to meet him and hugged him.

“ welcome daddy” I said hugging him.

“ my princess, how are you” he said hugging me back.

“ I'm fine, daddy mummy broke my phone” I told him and mum just narrowed her eyes.

“ yes she told me, she said you were stressing her is that true?” he asked and I glared at mummy.
Whatever she tells him I know I'm still going to get a new phone.

“ no o , I just forgot to do something she asked me to do that's all” I told him.

“ okay I'll get you a new phone tomorrow” I frowned .

How can I possibly wait till tomorrow before I get my hands on a phone again.

“ can it not come today?” I asked.

“ shut up your mouth, see you're not getting any phone as far as I'm concerned.” mum said and I rolled my eyes.

“ who are you doing your eye like that for see respect yourself o *Igbo*” she said something in Igbo that I didn't understand.

“ calm down my wife , look Gbugbemi I'll get you a phone when your mum says I can, cos she said you're being rude to her”

WHAT!!

It means I'm never going to have a phone cos mum will never tell him to buy me one.

“ daddy please” I begged.

“ I'm not the one you should be begging it's your mum” he said and I looked at mum. I stood up from daddy's chair and went to hers.

“ mummy please” she didn't even glance at me.

“ apologize” I heard my dad say. I already apologized to her this afternoon, what more do they want from me.

“ I'm sorry mummy for stressing you” even though you were the one that stressed yourself

Dad raised a brow at her.

“ you can get a phone but it's tomorrow” half is better than none . I hugged her in excitement.

“ thank you mummy” she shrugged my hug off.

“ that doesn't mean I've forgiven you o” she said .

I didn't really care I just want my phone.

“ So Bemi sit down we have something to discuss” my dad said and I took a sit.

“ it better be quick ” I said looking at the clock opposite me.

“ it won't take time” dad said.

“ so the president told me that I would go to London for some international business” my dad said . We've been to London countless of times so I don't get if he wanted me to be excited.

“ and...?”

“ well they said I'm supposed to take my spouse with me , which means your mother's coming too”

“ how long will it take? Days? Weeks?” I asked.

“ months ” dad said.

“ months?!”
My dad nodded.

“ and we don't even have a specific time of stay but the shortest we could stay is 6 months and it could be that we'll longer” .

“ 6 months!!?” I exclaimed

“ or longer ” dad added.

So my parents would be gone for 6 months or longer.

Wait that means I'll get the house all to myself, wuuuhuuu .

I danced inwardly. I could throw a party at home the best of the best and I'll be known for throwing the best party anyone has ever thrown in school.

I might even become popular.

I smiled.

“ that's great. Wait am I coming you you guys?” I asked and my dad shook his head.

Yesss!!

“ so I'll be home alone right?” I asked excited.

“ you and who? So you'll burn down this house?Naso” mummy spoke up.

“ Gbugbemi you're going to go stay with your Aunt and family in Delta” .

Wait wait wait , I only know one aunt that stays in Delta and it's...

“ Aunty chisom, you'll be staying with them in our absence.”

“ what? There's no way I'm going to stay with them ” I said standing up wanting my objection to be loud and clear.

“ sit down” my mum said but I didn't even listen to her all I could think about was the fact that I don't want to stay with aunt chisom , that woman scares me to my bone how could I possibly stay with her everyday for 6 months or longer.

“ I can't stay there, isn't it Warri? I heard that place is crap and they fight on the street easily”

“ who told you that? Aunty chisom that's there has never complained ones about that place so why should you?” my mum scolded

“ nah ma I can't stay there, it's not safe”.

“ who said so? They even stay in an estate so you shouldn't be scared of anything”.

“no I will not go there” I objected .

“ Bemi” my dad called  and I faced him.

“ what?” I asked folding my arms.

“ There's no other place for you to stay and Aunt chisom was kind enough to let you stay at her place so just do it for us”

“ why can't you just let me stay here, or you can just rent an hotel for me to stay at the mean while, what about school?”

“ you'll go to the same school as her kids and you can't stay on your own you're not yet old enough” dad said but nothing he said changed anything. I'm not going to Warri and that's final.

“ I hate you both!!” I yelled before storming off to my bedroom.

I slammed the door so they could hear.